Tragedy at pamplona

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Victoria

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by Victoria »

I will leave you to make up your own mind who was the aggressor and who was the victim here.

YouTube - Man Gored To Death During "Running of the Bulls‎" In Spain
Kathy Ellen

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by Kathy Ellen »

This is a disgusting sport Victoria. When we were in Spain they had the bullfighting on the telly. We had to leave the restaurant because it was so disturbing to watch. I'm surprised that more people are not killed....

....leave the bulls alone:(
Barman

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by Barman »

Victoria;1216046 wrote: I will leave you to make up your own mind who was the aggressor and who was the victim here.

Amazed that more aren't killed in this annual bull run. At least the bulls get their chance to kill instead of be killed.:)
Oscar Namechange

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I nearly p[osted this myself last night but i'm sure some members would have taken umbrage to my comments.

It is tragic that a man has lost his life and a British man seriously injured but i can not find much sympathy if i were honest. If you are in the habit of tormenting animals, this is where it leads ultimatly. The people who flock to this sick spectacular are guilty of tormenting the animals, each and every one of them.

In one respect, thank goodness there are newly elected Euro Mp's who will be standing up and voting against this sort of cruelty.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by Odie »

just couldn't watch.

I despise bull fighting.......:-5:-5

paying to watch them get tortured, then again tortured, then again in the next fight until they die?

the bulls of course.:lips:

no thanks!
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Tragedy at pamplona

Odie;1216116 wrote: just couldn't watch.

I despise bull fighting.......:-5:-5

paying to watch them get tortured, then again tortured, then again in the next fight until they die?

the bulls of course.:lips:

no thanks!
We now have Euro MP's who find it equally as abhorant and will be voting against this 'sport'.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by Odie »

oscar;1216130 wrote: We now have Euro MP's who find it equally as abhorant and will be voting against this 'sport'.

its should be stopped everywhere, including c o c k fighting, dog fighting....any sort of animal abuse.
Oscar Namechange

Tragedy at pamplona

Odie;1216163 wrote: its should be stopped everywhere, including c o c k fighting, dog fighting....any sort of animal abuse.
I think it will be interesting. I am hoping these two newly elected Euro MP's will cause alot of problems for the Countries that see this as 'sport'.
CARLA

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by CARLA »

I live 15 minutes from Mexico's San Ysidro Border they have "Bull Fights" every weekend in Tijuana. The venue is beautiful it overlooks the Ocean, what goes on there is awful. It was built in the 30's and can hold a crowd of 16,000 plus people. I will never understand this so called "sport".
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Rapunzel

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by Rapunzel »

Odie;1216163 wrote: its should be stopped everywhere, including c o c k fighting, dog fighting....any sort of animal abuse.

Including chasing rabbits for sport! ;)
Kathy Ellen

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Rapunzel;1216214 wrote: Including chasing rabbits for sport! ;)

Oh Rap, that's sooooo true.

When I was staying with my rellys in Killarney they had a nutty neighbor who used to find rabbits and allow his 7 greyhounds run after them, capture and kill them in front of his children and the neighborhood children.

If I was coming home alone from town, I'd take a taxi up the road due to the greyhounds. If they were loose which was almost all the time, they would chase you down the road. This man got away with this as he was a politician....awful...
farmer giles

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by farmer giles »

what happens to the bulls after the running ???,i wish they would stop doing it as it is cruel to the bulls but i would not wish death on anyone ,funny how every one gets upset about bull fighting and such but no one hardly bats an eyelid about the horrific conditions farm animals are kept in ,thats why i'm pretty much a veggie and if i do eat meat i make sure its all free range ,at least the animal had a bit of a life :thinking::thinking:
along-for-the-ride

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Victoria;1216046 wrote: I will leave you to make up your own mind who was the aggressor and who was the victim here.

The man had a choice to "run with the bulls" or not.

The bull did not have a choice to "run with the men" or not.

It's the man's fault, ofcourse. IMO
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by Odie »

don't get me started!:-5:-5

finally the US has banned polar bear hunting in Canada!:-5:-5

-it was just for sport......to hang on their walls!:mad::mad:

Canadian Government should have never allowed this in the first place!:mad:
ZAP

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by ZAP »

I live about 15 minutes from Mexicali and I assume they still have the bullfights. I never went to one but my oldest daughter did, years ago and it literally made her sick. It's disgusting and that thing in Pamplona is stupid.
Victoria

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by Victoria »

So what about this then??? Rodeo Cruelty
cars

Tragedy at pamplona

Post by cars »

Old saying: You mess with the bull, you get the Horns!
Cars :)
Oscar Namechange

Tragedy at pamplona

I don't think any form of killing or tormenting any animal by humans is 'sport'. Unfortunately, my dog has killed rabbits in the past while out in the countryside but he is a Terrier bred for hunting and that is his instinct the same as it is instinct for a Lion to kill a Gazelle. I do deter him at any opportunity and i certainly don't like it or encourage him to do it. I understand how you feel as i feel as abhorant towards fox hunting and Hare Coursing.

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”