Drunk badger disrupts traffic in Germany

Fact is stranger than fiction.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Drunk badger disrupts traffic in Germany - Animal weirdness- msnbc.com

BERLIN - A badger in Germany got so drunk on over-ripe cherries it staggered into the middle of a road and refused to budge, police said Wednesday.

A motorist called police near the central town of Goslar to report a dead badger on a road — only for officers to turn up and discover the animal alive and well, but drunk.

Police discovered the nocturnal beast had eaten cherries from a nearby tree which had turned to alcohol and given the badger diarrhea.

Having failed to scare the animal away, officers eventually chased it from the road with a broom.
Odie

Post by Odie »

awwwwwwwww poor badger, to many over-ripe cherries and he had diarrhea.
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

The badger needs to join an alcoholics help group. It could be called Abba. (Anonymous boozey badger association.)
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Poor ole badge. Must've been somewhat daunting to cross a road.

Bees regularly get drunk on nectar.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

chonsigirl;1214723 wrote: A motorist called police near the central town of Goslar to report a dead badger on a road — only for officers to turn up and discover the animal alive and well, but drunk.

Ah! The return of Reginald Iolanthe Perrin - "'22 minutes late, badger on the line at Tonbridge station".
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

OpenMind;1214788 wrote: Bees regularly get drunk on nectar.

They don't, actually, not honey bees, anyway. Wasps might, depending on what they've had.
Oscar Namechange

Bill Sikes;1214794 wrote: They don't, actually, not honey bees, anyway. Wasps might, depending on what they've had.
I learnt the hard way that feeding the birds fruit mixed with bread makes them drunk. Since i've stopped doing it i no longer have starlings making crash landings into my windows and walls and even falling over off the rose arch.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

[quote=chonsigirl;1214723]Drunk badger disrupts traffic in Germany - Animal weirdness- msnbc.com

BERLIN - A badger in Germany got so drunk on over-ripe cherries it staggered into the middle of a road and refused to budge, police said Wednesday.

Oy vey Chonsi....the poor badger.

I just had a bowl of cherries...I'll let ya know if I feel drunk..:wah: Of course, I had the cherries with a nice pinot noir:p
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Kathy Ellen;1214838 wrote:

I just had a bowl of cherries...I'll let ya know if I feel drunk..: wah: Of course, I had the cherries with a nice pinot noir: p

Have you had those Froggy ones, in brandy? They're very nice, especially with a bit of vanilla ice-cream with bits of crystallised ginger in it.
Oscar Namechange

This could have been far worse. It could have been an evil knife wielding fox out rampaging through the streets mugging innocent folk.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Bill Sikes;1214844 wrote: Have you had those Froggy ones, in brandy? They're very nice, especially with a bit of vanilla ice-cream with bits of crystallised ginger in it.

What are the "froggy" ones Bill? Oh cherrys in brandy with vanilla ice cream and ginger sounds yummy. Think I'll try that this weekend when I have company....

dubs

Post by dubs »

Kathy Ellen;1214885 wrote: What are the "froggy" ones Bill? Oh cherrys in brandy with vanilla ice cream and ginger sounds yummy. Think I'll try that this weekend when I have company....

Err! I think he means French KE..;)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Oscar Namechange

dubs;1214915 wrote: Err! I think he means French KE..;)
The word 'Froggy' is a derogatory term used for The French and i think you'll find outlawed in Britain under rascism laws.
dubs

Post by dubs »

oscar;1214917 wrote: The word 'Froggy' is a derogatory term used for The French and i think you'll find outlawed in Britain under rascism laws.

I never used it, I just explained it....So shuddup!!:thinking:

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Oscar Namechange

dubs;1214919 wrote: I never used it, I just explained it....So shuddup!!:thinking:

Nor did i...... I just doubly explained it :p:p
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

dubs;1214915 wrote: Err! I think he means French KE..;)

Thanks Dubs:-6

Oy vey...froggies....I'm as thick as a double ditch at times....;)
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1214924 wrote: Thanks Dubs:-6

Oy vey...froggies....I'm as thick as a double ditch at times....;)
You would be visited by the British Metropolitan Police, read your rights and hauled before the courts for using that expression in Britain young lady :wah:
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

And we wonder how humans first discovered the effects of over ripe fruit. We just decided to distill it.:D
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”