Python Kills Toddler

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Peg

Python Kills Toddler

Post by Peg »

Link

A 12-foot pet Burmese python has broken out of its aquarium and strangled to death a two-year-old girl in her Florida bedroom.

Police said Shaunia Hare was already dead when paramedics arrived at her home in Oxford, 50 miles northwest of Orlando.

The albino snake had been owned by Charles Darnell, the boyfriend of Shaunia’s mother, who found it in the toddler's bedroom, wrapped around her. Mr Darnell, 32, stabbed the snake until he was able to pry her away, but was too late to save her.

Mr Darnell did not have a permit for the snake, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said tonight, although he has not yet been charged with any offence.

“It’s becoming more and more of a problem, perhaps no fault of the animal, more a fault of the human,” said Jorge Pino, a state wildlife commission spokesman.

“People purchase these animals when they’re small. When they grow, they either can’t control them or release them.”

At least 12 people have been killed in the US by pet pythons since 1980.
chonsigirl

Python Kills Toddler

Post by chonsigirl »

That was a sad story, poor little one. :(
Odie

Python Kills Toddler

Post by Odie »

O M G, that poor innocent child!:-1

when will people realize these aren't pets!:-5:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
cars

Python Kills Toddler

Post by cars »

There are pets, & then there are pets, & a SNAKE is not a pet! :-5:mad::(
Cars :)
Peg

Python Kills Toddler

Post by Peg »

My son has a ball python someone gave him for graduation two years ago. It escaped once. That is the day I made him put a lamp and two heavy books on the lid. It'll need to grow another 4 feet before it can lift the books. :wah:
cars

Python Kills Toddler

Post by cars »

Peg;1213074 wrote: My son has a ball python someone gave him for graduation two years ago. It escaped once. That is the day I made him put a lamp and two heavy books on the lid. It'll need to grow another 4 feet before it can lift the books. :wah:
Good luck with that, I don't envy you one bit! :wah: :wah: :wah:
Cars :)

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”