theres no place like gnome the AA grumpy column

Fact is stranger than fiction.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

good morning FG members.

well here we are again and grumps has got the knives out of the drawer

staying with the gardening subject this time we go from porkers to gnomes and the officious bromsgrove council killjoys.

GARDEN gnome fan Sandra Smith has been told to cover up three of her figures because they are NUDE.

The saucy statues, one of a man and two of busty lasses, stood outside her door for 15 years to give visitors a laugh.

But now Sandra, 64, has had to drape T-shirts over the 2ft high ornaments after a neighbour complained they were upsetting her kids.

A council official phoned and warned her to put clothes on them because they were causing offence.

Granny Sandra has 200 gnomes and other novelty figures with the usual fishing rods and wheelbarrows in her decorated and brightly lit garden.

Her collection has long been a talking point with villagers and visitors in Hunnington, West Midlands.

She said of the naked ones: “They have been here for years and everyone who visits or delivers parcels finds them funny. My grandchildren love them.”

But the neighbour, who would not be named, said: “They’re childish and pathetic. They should not be in a garden with kids.”

Bromsgrove Council was unavailable for comment.

Garden gnome nudes are covered up | The Sun |News

AAG

yes the political correctness brigade strikes again perhaps the complainant is a short official penpushing jobsworth offended by the gnomes short stature.

or was it the one with a guitar and cowboy hat singing gnome gnome on the range.

( thats worse than the other jokes grumps - editor )

or are there offended oompa loompas living in bromsgrove :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Does this mean i must remove my blow up doll from the front garden? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”