latest craze is dicing with death the AA grumpy column

Fact is stranger than fiction.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

ho ho ho father grumpy here.

sorry just getting in the cristmas spirit.

i know kids today do stupid things but this one takes the bickkie.

its the latest thrill seeking craze of being a urban explorer found in the sun.

a daredevil poses 400ft up on a giant construction crane is one of a new breed of reckless thrillseekers called Urban Explorers.

They dice with death to reach dangerous places and then post photos of themselves on special internet sites.

The man pictured here calls himself “Bigjobs” and scaled the crane in the centre of Manchester.

Others climb buildings and landmarks, enter derelict industrial sites or explore tunnel systems.

A girl calling herself “Rookinella” was pictured on the Clifton Suspension Bridge, hundreds of feet above the River Avon in Bristol.

Guides to the “sport” list dangers other than falling, like asbestos, glass, nails and needles.

Urban Explorers claim they are documenting Britain’s heritage.

One website loftily says they “explore the off-limits parts of human civilization.” But police and safety groups condemn the craze as inviting serious injury and death.

AAG

what is with kids these days to do a potty thing like this ?

they must be suicidal , students or the bungee jumping bobble hat brigade on a night off.

i dont suppose this craze will stop untill someone falls 400ft to their death .

there isnt really a lot the police could do trespass , endangering their own life ?

all we can do is wait untill this craze dies out .

then i suppose those layabout students will drink beer in the pub friday night and invent another dangerous craze.
gmc

Post by gmc »

What do you expect them t do for entertainment? All the sports fields have been sold off for housing, they are not allowed to play football and the like in the streets any more without someone calling the police, if you have no money you can't join one of the sports clubs, you can't go skateboarding without someone complaining and councils won't provide facilities for that kind of activity because it looks like fun and they should be doing worthwhile sports except they can't ( see above) if they hang around street corners they get harassed and accused of being yobs.

maybe y would prefer a bit of joyriding or honest vandalism?
abbey

Post by abbey »

six

what

you got a six

what

you rolled a six

what

you rolled asix

what

i'm not playing you deaf moron

dicing with deaf :yh_rotfl
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

gmc;1070474 wrote: What do you expect them t do for entertainment? All the sports fields have been sold off for housing, they are not allowed to play football and the like in the streets any more without someone calling the police, if you have no money you can't join one of the sports clubs, you can't go skateboarding without someone complaining and councils won't provide facilities for that kind of activity because it looks like fun and they should be doing worthwhile sports except they can't ( see above) if they hang around street corners they get harassed and accused of being yobs.

it doesnt bother me if some layabout student wants to climb a 400ft crane.

as a young un i did some stupid stuff myself.

it just seemed an intresting item to post on the FG
gmc

Post by gmc »

pantoandy;1070614 wrote: it doesnt bother me if some layabout student wants to climb a 400ft crane.

as a young un i did some stupid stuff myself.

it just seemed an intresting item to post on the FG

So long as you're not underneath when they fall whatever happened to teenage angst. I find myself looking at the ling hair and flared trousers and wondering if I looked as stupid.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1070474 wrote: What do you expect them t do for entertainment? All the sports fields have been sold off for housing, they are not allowed to play football and the like in the streets any more without someone calling the police, if you have no money you can't join one of the sports clubs, you can't go skateboarding without someone complaining and councils won't provide facilities for that kind of activity because it looks like fun and they should be doing worthwhile sports except they can't ( see above) if they hang around street corners they get harassed and accused of being yobs.

Your being a nob again gmc.

You know there is no such thing as vandalism. The police say so there-fore it's true.

Vandalism is just a word thought up by miserable people to spoil the good reputation of the British teenager.

Teenagers don't hang around the streets vandalising other people's property, it's just a vicious rumour. We all know they go to nice youth clubs of an evening where they par-take in gentle passtimes such as ping pong, Bagatelle, Shove-halfpenny and skittles.

When they are not at the youth club, they are at home helping mother spin yarn, cook tea and sweep the chimney.

We certainly don't have any yobs in our area. The police say we don't have any and of course, that's true.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1070780 wrote: So long as you're not underneath when they fall whatever happened to teenage angst. I find myself looking at the ling hair and flared trousers and wondering if I looked as stupid.

Is Ling hair just worn north of the border or does anyone else have ling hair???

Hands up, all those who have ling hair??

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

pantoandy;1070614 wrote: as a young un i did some stupid stuff myself.

So it was you who voted Tory :yh_rotfl
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

i went on the urban explorers site last night and theyexplore old railway tunnels ,drains,old buildings you should visit its great i was in there for over an hour

type urban explorer forums in google VISIT IT HIGHLY RECCOMENDED !!!!!!!
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

What's ling hair?:thinking:

(God I'm showing my age!!!)

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”