http://www.wptz.com/news/17539127/detail.html

So what new flavors will there be?
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
spot

PETA asks Ben and Jerry's to use human milk

Post by spot »

All that there were before, presumably.

"PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health".

Which bit of that's wrong? You can't have cow's milk without a pregnant cow, a calf born into bondage, tailored unnatural udders which would leave the cow dead in any natural wild setting and to cap it all many people are less tolerant of cow's milk than of human milk.

If anyone gets round to manufacturing a milk replacement which emulates real milk, one would hope it emulated human rather than bovine.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

So which bit of what I wrote is wrong, Hoss?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

Hoss;993786 wrote: LOL, I've been around dairy's Sir, many times. I never saw or heard a cow complain about the food or the pasture. They seem very content to me, even when they have the vacuum milker sucked to their udders.

They're deformed and unnatural. Speaking of which, there's a woman down the road from me with enormous assets whose youngest is a year old and about ready to be weaned off comfort food. I get through around a pint a day, she could easily bottle that for me and deliver it for $50 a week - I'd pay a premium price for a fresh-that-morning healthy product with no antigens or antibiotics in it.

If you scale up the proposition I'll make to her next time I bump into her in the street, the PETA scheme suddenly looks competitive for a portion of the Milk Industry's market. Where does "crackpot" fit in?
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Hoss;993786 wrote: LOL, I've been around dairy's Sir, many times. I never saw or heard a cow complain about the food or the pasture. They seem very content to me, even when they have the vacuum milker sucked to their udders.

It's ok, I found it funny too

spot;993790 wrote: They're deformed and unnatural. Speaking of which, there's a woman down the road from me with enormous assets whose youngest is a year old and about ready to be weaned off comfort food. I get through around a pint a day, she could easily bottle that for me and deliver it for $50 a week - I'd pay a premium price for a fresh-that-morning healthy product with no antigens or antibiotics in it.

If you scale up the proposition I'll make to her next time I bump into her in the street, the PETA scheme suddenly looks competitive for a portion of the Milk Industry's market. Where does "crackpot" fit in?

Have you ever tasted breast milk? Bleh! Humans have been consuming milk and products from milk, thousands of years. I don't understand this need to quit consuming milk. A call to change how dairies are managed maybe, but to stop drinking milk, no.

my son
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hoss, they're not talking about the pastoral farm. They're talking about factory farming where cows are lined up and sucked on by roughhousing unnatural machinery that often bruises or tears their teats. They are made to overproduce and when they aren't useful in that way anymore they slaughtered for food, be it your hamburger or my dog's Pedigree.

What do you think happens to the calves? Do you know or care that they spend their entire lives in crates so small they cannot turn around or stand up and this is done on purpose to atrophy their muscles so their flesh remains "tender" when you eat it? Do you know that when veal calves are auctioned off they can't even walk, they can only hobble and fall down and for this they are jabbed and prodded with sticks? They go from their mothers which is traumatic for both, to the crate, to the auction/slaughterhouse and to your table.

Before you go spouting off about Peta being crackpots, do you even understand their angle? Make the connection between bovine teat and woman's breast and you might get it.

Here's another thing you need to see: If you can stomach it, watch this video which will show you from start to end what cows, chickens and pigs endure in their wretched lives. I bet you won't but we'll see.

Meet Your Meat

Be aware that the video is graphic but if you're going to eat animals at least have the nerve to see what they go through to get to your gut.

As for the milk issue at B&J's, I would have preferred Peta ask them to substitute soymilk or a similar alternative.
guppy

Post by guppy »

why not use breast milk? well, for one..the spread of the HIV virus as well as other communicable viruses.:thinking:
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

guppy;993816 wrote: why not use breast milk? well, for one..the spread of the HIV virus as well as other communicable viruses.:thinking:

Good point. Hadn't even considered that. They always talk about the immunity factor of breast milk but yes, what about viruses? Eww.

It just reminds me too much of Soylent Green!!
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I'm not a cow person but isn't Milk what cows do best?? I agree they need better treatment and laws should be put in place to accomplish that.

Breast Milk for Ice Cream what a awful idea. Taste bad, you would have to pay the women huge amounts on money to get the Milk. You have disease that we carry that Cow's don't. How do you mass produce Breast Milk? It would have to be similar to how we mass produce Milk now with Cow's, sorry not many Women are going to go for that. :-5

PETA would have served the cause better if they just came out with laws that should be put in place to protect the Cow's.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

Post by spot »

guppy;993816 wrote: why not use breast milk? well, for one..the spread of the HIV virus as well as other communicable viruses.:thinking:

Nuns corner milk market, read all about it!
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

They would have to be Lactating NUN'S... !! :lips::wah:

[QUOTE]Nuns corner milk market, read all about it![/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

RG my problem with video you posted is that PETA is showing you the worst in the bunch. Not all dairies are ran the same. I live within 20 miles of 3 dairies. I've even stopped with my husband and gone in and looked around. They smell bad, but I've never seen a calf stuck in a crate.

my son
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Sheryl...keep looking. :( I'm sure there are some dairies and especially personal farms that don't treat their cows like that but there are enough that it covers general ground and really needs to be stopped. Heck even one is bad enough to be stopped.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

spot;993790 wrote: They're deformed and unnatural. Speaking of which, there's a woman down the road from me with enormous assets whose youngest is a year old and about ready to be weaned off comfort food. I get through around a pint a day, she could easily bottle that for me and deliver it for $50 a week - I'd pay a premium price for a fresh-that-morning healthy product with no antigens or antibiotics in it.

don't forget to ask if you can get a discount for free flow delivery... think how much we'd be saving the environment in the long run if we eliminate the glass bottle or carton production and their waste byproducts...:thinking:

:rolleyes:

the real problem is going to be unionizaton... not to mention, you are what you eat... the women would have to be put on stringent dietary structures ...:p
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

RedGlitter;993808 wrote: Hoss, they're not talking about the pastoral farm. They're talking about factory farming where cows are lined up and sucked on by roughhousing unnatural machinery that often bruises or tears their teats. They are made to overproduce and when they aren't useful in that way anymore they slaughtered for food, be it your hamburger or my dog's Pedigree.

What do you think happens to the calves? Do you know or care that they spend their entire lives in crates so small they cannot turn around or stand up and this is done on purpose to atrophy their muscles so their flesh remains "tender" when you eat it? Do you know that when veal calves are auctioned off they can't even walk, they can only hobble and fall down and for this they are jabbed and prodded with sticks? They go from their mothers which is traumatic for both, to the crate, to the auction/slaughterhouse and to your table.

Before you go spouting off about Peta being crackpots, do you even understand their angle? Make the connection between bovine teat and woman's breast and you might get it.

Here's another thing you need to see: If you can stomach it, watch this video which will show you from start to end what cows, chickens and pigs endure in their wretched lives. I bet you won't but we'll see.

Meet Your Meat

Be aware that the video is graphic but if you're going to eat animals at least have the nerve to see what they go through to get to your gut.

As for the milk issue at B&J's, I would have preferred Peta ask them to substitute soymilk or a similar alternative.

I've heard that masturbation encourages the production and flow of milk in the female human... I'll be right back... gonna go find you a link for an example of that... but please be aware that if you are going to masturbate... this is what you may have to go through to achieve orgasm...:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I've heard that masturbation encourages the production and flow of milk in the female human... I'll be right back... gonna go find you a link for an example of that... but please be aware that if you are going to masturbate... this is what you may have to go through to achieve orgasm...:thinking:

So what do you mean by that Flopstock? I take it you didn't like something I said? Or was the :thinking: something else?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

jimbo;993865 wrote: wiseguy wants to know if its male milk or female milk :-3:-3
Moobs don't make milk silly fellow..:wah:

Or do yours?:wah:
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Ian;994505 wrote: Does this mean I can buy a Women at a Cattle Market :-3

Who's in charge of the milking?

I could consider a career change :-3

I wouldn't use those sucker things It would be all done by hand :)

Depends on which 'sucker thing' you were willing to use, dear... I think it might be negotiable..;):wah:

spot

Post by spot »

Ian;994505 wrote: I wouldn't use those sucker things It would be all done by hand :)I expect you were bottle fed, Ian. The more considerate among us spent our time developing far more delicate abilities with our tongues.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

What will they call the new icecream brands?

I like Neapolitan ice cream,guess it could be changed to Nippapolitan:thinking:;)
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
spot

Post by spot »

mrsK;994544 wrote: What will they call the new icecream brands?

I like Neapolitan ice cream,guess it could be changed to Nippapolitan:thinking:;)

Hey, I derailed this thread on post#2, what do you think you're up to?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I assume they will sell it in jugs.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

spot;994556 wrote: Hey, I derailed this thread on post#2, what do you think you're up to?

Had to be done:wah:

Couldn't help myself:sneaky::lips:
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

YZGI;994598 wrote: I assume they will sell it in jugs.

With lacy jug holders.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

And what will become of Cherry Garcia?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

mrsK;994615 wrote: With lacy jug holders.
Will the smallest portion sold be called' The itty bitty jug"?
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

YZGI;994621 wrote: Will the smallest portion sold be called' The itty bitty jug"?

Or "more than a mouthfull"?

Ihave to get to school,thanks for the laugh :wah::wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

mrsK;994626 wrote: Or "more than a mouthfull"?

Ihave to get to school,thanks for the laugh :wah::wah:

Have a good day MrsK. School is out for now.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Ian;994774 wrote: From this day forward I will call womens knockers.. "Ben and Jerry's"

Why not, I call mine "Bert and Ernie." :o
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Ian;994781 wrote: :wah:

I love Bert and Ernie :-4

Cuz they have big noses, right? :wah: :o
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Drinking human milk - by adult males, from source, has been a kinky fetish for quite a long time, I've heard.

:thinking:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

BTS

Post by BTS »

qsducks;994616 wrote: And what will become of Cherry Garcia?

Oh it will still exist.......They will make it from VIRGINS milk
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BTS

Post by BTS »

RedGlitter;993808 wrote: Hoss, they're not talking about the pastoral farm. They're talking about factory farming where cows are lined up and sucked on by roughhousing unnatural machinery that often bruises or tears their teats. They are made to overproduce and when they aren't useful in that way anymore they slaughtered for food, be it your hamburger or my dog's Pedigree.

Meet Your Meat

Well miss high and proper, what is the KILL rate of the animals peta had in their care in 2007?

UMM

30%?

NOPE

40%?

NOPE

50%

NOPE

OK then, lets try 75%

NOPE

TRY over 90%

YES over 90% of ALL animals in their care were euthanized............

RG,You just might want to start looking for a new poster child to prop up that supports your way of thinking.

Here, try this link it has many more facts than the peta fabrication that you posted.

September 24, 2008

Exclusive: PETA Killed More than 90% of the Animals in its Care in 2007

PETA’s 2007 Euthanasia Records Available Only at PetaKillsAnimals.com

In 2000, when the Associated Press first noted PETA's Kervorkian-esque tendencies, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk complained that actually taking care of animals costs more than killing them. "We could become a no-kill shelter immediately," she admitted.

PETA kills animals. Because it has other financial priorities.

PETA rakes in nearly $30 million each year in income, much of it raised from pet owners who think their donations actually help animals. Instead, the group spends huge sums on programs equating people who eat chicken with Nazis, scaring young children away from drinking milk, recruiting children into the radical animal-rights lifestyle, and intimidating businessmen and their families in their own neighborhoods. PETA has also spent tens of thousands of dollars defending arsonists and other violent extremists.

PETA claims it engages in outrageous media-seeking stunts "for the animals." But which animals? Carping about the value of future two-piece dinners while administering lethal injections to puppies and kittens isn't ethical. It's hypocritical -- with a death toll that PETA would protest if it weren't their own doing.

PETA kills animals. And its leaders dare lecture the rest of us?
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hoss: You didn't watch it, did you?

I didn't ask you about dressing and curing. What I wanted to know is how you felt seeing that pig still alive when they slit its throat and it thrashed so much it fell out of the leg clamps into its own blood where it continued to squeal until it finally died.

I wanted to know how you felt seeing that cow who was bled while still alive.

And the chicks whose beaks were sheared off at the ridge without painkiller.

That's what I wanted to know. I come from hunters and farmers so I am already aware of how farm animals are treated on a proper farm.

You took the easy way out. I gave you more credit than that.

BTS: For your imformation, since you won't bother to get it on your own, Ingrid Newkirk prefers to kill dogs and cats and cease their suffering rather than send them back out where they may have a chance at a proper loving home or....being abused or worse. I understand where she's coming from because I have done rescue and I know the pain of finding out your dog went to a buncher. Or your cat was killed by the adopter's drunken boyfriend. But still, I save lives, I don't take them. So I don't agree with Ingrid on that matter.

Now I ask YOU...does it matter to you that without groups such as Peta and several others, we would have no idea about the cruelty that goes on in circuses and vivisection labs and puppy mills and Huntington Labs?

I choose to support Peta for the good they have done and do rather than scourge them for what they have done wrong.

But I'm asking you, BTS, does any of that cruelty matter to you? I answered your question. Please answer mine.
BTS

Post by BTS »

RedGlitter;994862 wrote: Hoss: You didn't watch it, did you?

I DID watch it...........

I didn't ask you about dressing and curing. What I wanted to know is how you felt seeing that pig still alive when they slit its throat and it thrashed so much it fell out of the leg clamps into its own blood where it continued to squeal until it finally died.

Ever hear of the dying quiver? That hog died when it's throat was cut.

That is one of the most humane ways to kill an animal.

I wanted to know how you felt seeing that cow who was bled while still alive.

And the chicks whose beaks were sheared off at the ridge without painkiller.

That's what I wanted to know. I come from hunters and farmers so I am already aware of how farm animals are treated on a proper farm.

You took the easy way out. I gave you more credit than that.

BTS: For your imformation, since you won't bother to get it on your own, Ingrid Newkirk prefers to kill dogs and cats and cease their suffering rather than send them back out where they may have a chance at a proper loving home or....being abused or worse. I understand where she's coming from because I have done rescue and I know the pain of finding out your dog went to a buncher. Or your cat was killed by the adopter's drunken boyfriend. But still, I save lives, I don't take them. So I don't agree with Ingrid on that matter.

Now I ask YOU...does it matter to you that without groups such as Peta and several others, we would have no idea about the cruelty that goes on in circuses and vivisection labs and puppy mills and Huntington Labs?

I choose to support Peta for the good they have done and do rather than scourge them for what they have done wrong.

But I'm asking you, BTS, does any of that cruelty matter to you? I answered your question. Please answer mine.

Oh you answered mine?

Is this it:

"So I don't agree with Ingrid on that matter."

That's it?

It is not OK to kill over 90% of the the animals that she takes in but you still support her?

I looked all over her site and NOWHERE does she admit to killing over 90% of her suppossed adopted creatures. It does not bother you in the least?

WOW, those POOR people that look to her for help and she kills their hope......SAD

RG: For your imformation, since you won't bother to get it on your own, You make me post this for all in the GARDEN to see after that statement:

PETA claims to be dedicated to protecting animals and treating them "ethically"—it’s right there in the group’s name. But killing animals that could otherwise be placed in adoptive homes isn’t terribly ethical, especially for a group whose $30 million annual income is more than enough to do the right thing instead.

In comparison, the Virginia Beach SPCA, right down the road from PETA’s Norfolk headquarters, managed to adopt out almost 70% of the animals in its care last year. And it did it on a relative shoestring budget.

Adding PETA's 2007 numbers to the mix, we can now document that the group has put down over 19,200 dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens. While it's possible that some of these animals were too broken or sick to be rehabilitated, humane societies in Virginia managed to save an average of nearly 65 percent of their animals in 2007. PETA found adoptive homes for less than 1 percent.

PETA's Dirty Secret

Hypocrisy is the mother of all credibility problems, and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has it in spades. While loudly complaining about the "unethical" treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, the group has its own dirty little secret.

PETA kills animals. By the thousands.

From July 1998 through December 2007, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) killed over 19,200 dogs, cats, and other "companion animals." That's more than five defenseless creatures every day. PETA has a walk-in freezer to store the dead bodies, and contracts with a Virginia Beach company to cremate them.

Not counting the pets PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 90 percent of the animals it took in during the last five years. And its angel-of-death pattern shows no sign of changing.

» Skeptical? Click here to see the proof.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

BTS, I thought I had explained why Ingrid claims she does that. I'm not excusing her because I simply can't but again I understand why she does it. I understand the mindset. In rescue you learn soon that there are things worse than death. Like the 5 month old golden puppy I took in when his owner's boyfriend stomped on his paw and broke every bone in it. It took five and a half hours and $800 for the vet to put Buddy's paw back together. I paid the bill. And I had no legal leeway to put that dog in a good home. I thought about stealing him. He went home with the girl who promised me she'd never let anyone hurt that dog again. Then she went right back to that jerk, dog in hand. I would have preferred to euthanize that dog myself than to see it go back there and suffer. So yes, I can completely understand why Ingrid prefers to kill them. I can understand why she wants to eliminate pet ownership. I can understand what angle she takes because I've been there too in my small way. So I don't flip out when I see that propaganda from petakills.com. That's for you guys to do.

And those "few"people that Hoss mentioned are the ones who have to make up for the rest who simply don't care. Put your statistics away and try to talk to me as a human being.
spot

Post by spot »

BTS;994870 wrote: PETA claims to be dedicated to protecting animals and treating them "ethically"—it’s right there in the group’s name. But killing animals that could otherwise be placed in adoptive homes isn’t terribly ethical, especially for a group whose $30 million annual income is more than enough to do the right thing instead.In my opinion it is. My position, which I imagine is pretty close to PETA's principles, is that domestication is an evil which needs banning whether it involves domestication of a pet or of a farm animal. The only valid animal is a free animal, whether it's human or not. Killing animals which can only survive in a domesticated state is entirely legitimate, it's a release.
raptures_music

Post by raptures_music »

I read that in a friend's public blog on LiveJournal. Honestly, it makes me nauseated.

"Hi, would you like to try today's special, HIV on a sugar cone?"

Uh, no thanks. TB in cow's milk sounds better.
"Do or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”