This Is The Dawning Of The Age of The Asparagus

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

:DAsparagus mystic offers tips for the future

FORTUNE TELLING GOES GREEN

A fortune-teller has claimed she can divine people's futures by using asparagus

Jemima Packington, who likes to call herself the UK's only "asparamancer", has been testing out her technique at the British Trade and Travel Fair at Birmingham's NEC.

Ms Packington, from Worcester, throws the asparagus spears onto the floor and makes her predictions based on how they land.

She says she stumbled across her asparagus-predicting skills a few years ago by chance, after some stalks fell on the floor and she made a prediction which came true.

She told BBC News: "I can't even remember what prediction I made when I was young but my family went very quiet and it came true and the rest is history."

She has even used her gift of asparagus foresight on actor Tony Robinson, who played Baldrick in the comedy series Black Adder.

The asparagus he threw landed in the shape of a number four. Ms Packington predicted he should grab an opportunity that would present itself.

He said he felt as if a great burden had been lifted off his shoulders after his mystical encounter.

Ms Packington was at the fair to help promote the asparagus industry in Worcestershire, which is the largest producer of the vegetable in the UK.

The versitality of this vegetable eh & you thought it was just for eating:D:D
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hey, it could happen! People read tea leaves, cards, sticks, stones, runes, black cat bones (awww) wheat stalks, all kinds of stuff!

Chezzie, your title cracked me up! I give you bonus points for that!

The Age of Asparagus! :wah: :wah: :wah:
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

RedGlitter;933107 wrote: Hey, it could happen! People read tea leaves, cards, sticks, stones, runes, black cat bones (awww) wheat stalks, all kinds of stuff!

Chezzie, your title cracked me up! I give you bonus points for that!

The Age of Asparagus! :wah: :wah: :wah:

I posted this for you after replying to your Asparagus thread in the kitchen Red, iv'e seen this woman on tv and yes some people believe in it...As long as no one gets hurt whats the harm...She has great tips:D
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Tips!! Hahaha!! :wah: Stop! :wah:

No I believe it. I mean, for those of us who believe in fortune telling, you can use all kinds of different things. The message will come through.

This was really cute! :)

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”