Chocolate Room

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Cass

Chocolate Room

Post by Cass »

German artists have unveiled a "Biedermeier"-style room made entirely of chocolate and marzipan, complete with panelling, vases, cutlery and pictures all fashioned from the confectionery.

The eight artists at a chocolate factory in the eastern city of Halle took three months and used 1,764 lb of chocolate and 200 kilograms of marzipan to complete their creation, the first of its kind in Germany.

"The room looks good enough to eat!" Halloren factory spokeswoman Nadine Schindler said on Friday. The room was decked out in the 19th century style usually associated with restraint and utilitarianism.

The project was part of the 200th anniversary celebrations at the Halloren chocolate factory, which lays claim to the title of Germany's oldest.

Full Story
koan

Chocolate Room

Post by koan »

They used to make sculptures and paint masterpieces of faith and devotion on domed cathedrals. Funny to see what our artists pay tribute to now. We live in a world that worships chocolate? :wah: :-1
Cass

Chocolate Room

Post by Cass »

koan wrote: We live in a world that worships chocolate?
Well I am not sure if I worship it... but I do consider it being a food group :D
persephone

Chocolate Room

Post by persephone »

Hmmmm Chocolate :p
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
CARLA

Chocolate Room

Post by CARLA »

:yh_worshp I worship chocolate..!!

If not for CHOCOLATE I would have taken the lives of many at home, and work..!! :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Cass

Chocolate Room

Post by Cass »

Okay.. lets talk about chocolate

I have been to switzerland and had swiss chocolates, and I have been to belgium and had chocolats, dutch chocolate in holland, French colcolate in France... and I have to say, not impressed at all... I have had Godiva, Laura Secord & Purdys.. does nothing for me.

Give me a good ol' Arrow bar anyday :p

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”