Blonde jokes to be banned?

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Cass

Post by Cass »

Blonde jokes are set to be banned in Hungary after blonde women staged an angry protest outside parliament.

The protestors handed in a petition claiming they were being discriminated against in every walk of life by bad taste blonde jokes.

And spokeswoman Zsuzsa Kovacs said: "Blondes face discrimination in the job market, in the workplace when they get a job, and even on the streets.

"People are banned from discriminating against Jews, or blacks, so why not grant blondes the same protection."

The petition was handed to the equal opportunities minister Kinga Goncz asking her to investigate whether jokes about blondes fall into the same category as religious discrimination.

The petition was just short of the 100,000 needed to force Parliament to debate the matter but Goncz's deputy who spoke to the crowd pledged the government would act to stop any discrimination.

Blondes - real and bleached - protested outside the ministry as the petition was handed in, waving banners with slogans like 'We're blonde, not stupid' and Love us for our minds.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1186481.html?menu=
beautyful

Post by beautyful »

Damn right they should be banned and in more countries. I fully advocate blonde rights :p

as a blonde I have been accused of being dumb and have had to listen to countless so called blonde jokes. this can't come soon enough
persephone

Post by persephone »

What I can read through the Tipex is really funny :wah:
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
beautyful

Post by beautyful »

letha wrote: What I can read through the Tipex is really funny :wah:

this is one of those moments where I feel dumb....what do you mean? :-3
persephone

Post by persephone »

This is one of those moments I have to explain my vagueness :wah:

Blonde joke...

How do you know a blonde has been using the computer?

There's Tipex on the screen and lipstick on the joystick.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
beautyful

Post by beautyful »

ah, now i get it!!!! That is exactly the kind of joke i am talking about, lol
persephone

Post by persephone »

You'll never stop jokes like that, it's just like all the Essex jokes... I go to Uni out in Essex and sometimes can't help myself.

Oh I was naturally blonde until I was 18.

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”