The Vampire Princess.

jones jones

The Vampire Princess.

Post by jones jones »

Having lived, died and been reincarnated several times, I now decide whether or not to do research on other earthlings by a simple method … the amount of déjà vu buzz I get when I first see their image.

Nicholas & Alexandra really gave me goose bumps the first time I saw their picture.

So when I was recently researching the last Imperial Family of Tsarist Russia who were murdered by comrade Lenin, I came upon a reference to one Eleonore von Schwarzenberg (1682-1741.)

Being no stranger to eccentricity myself, I am always in search of like minded earthlings, past & present. So I was delighted to make her acquaintance, albeit some two hundred and seventy years after her death.

Eleonore was a princess of the Schwarzenberg dynasty by her marriage to Adam Franz Karl Eusebius von Schwarzenberg. In this period it was rather important to bear a male child & when Eleonore was told that drinking wolf’s milk would help her to conceive a male child, she went the whole hog (wolf) and kept a pack of wolves.

This in turn led the local populace to believe that she was a vampire; I mean this was in Bohemia, home of Vlad the Impaler … go figure wolves/werewolf/vampire.

In the year before her death from she lost a lot of weight and became emaciated, was in a great deal of pain and obviously couldn’t sleep. This too might have been seen by the superstitious majority as a sign that perhaps she had been bitten by a vampire.

According to her will, or so it is claimed, she wanted to be buried apart from the Schwarzenberg family and her funeral took place at night.

As an aside, her husband was shot and killed during a hunting “incident” by the Emperor Charles Vl! As compensation her son, yes the wolf milk worked, was taken to the palace and she never saw him again and she received a 50,000 gratuity.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Lon

The Vampire Princess.

Post by Lon »

As Adam's father in one of my former lives I found him to be a bit of a disappointment.
jones jones

The Vampire Princess.

Post by jones jones »

Glad you said that and not me~ :-3
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

Return to “History”