Archaeologists find Solomon's Mine 3,000 years on

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I found this fascinating in today's Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... esert.html
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
cogob

Post by cogob »

If they had tried to find it with satnav they would have been sent down a dead end!!!!
Oscar Namechange

cogob;1182184 wrote: If they had tried to find it with satnav they would have been sent down a dead end!!!! I know the feeling. My sat nav sent me to another postcode tonight and i ended up at the gates of a field. Then a farmer came out and told me that i didn't wanna be doing that.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Where is Alan Quartermain!
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Oscar, the crystal cave is what I find amazing. It is so beautiful.
spot

Post by spot »

On what basis is King Solomon credited with having any mines at all? I don't remember any reference to one in any classical text, neither biblical nor otherwise.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;1182707 wrote: On what basis is King Solomon credited with having any mines at all? I don't remember any reference to one in any classical text, neither biblical nor otherwise.

No doubt some of the bible scholars will come up with a reference for you. Where do you think all the metal for his weapons came from if not a mine? Copper and tin would be of more use than gold in the bronze age. The tin mines in cornwall are older than that so who knows maybe he used cornish tin to mix with his copper.
Oscar Namechange

I'm getting quite excited as apparently they are also very close to finding the tomb of Anthony and Cleopatra.
spot

Post by spot »

gmc;1182878 wrote: No doubt some of the bible scholars will come up with a reference for you. Where do you think all the metal for his weapons came from if not a mine? Copper and tin would be of more use than gold in the bronze age. The tin mines in cornwall are older than that so who knows maybe he used cornish tin to mix with his copper.

I doubt it - the biblical reference.

I'm sure any Ancient Near East civilization used metals, of course they did. If they had no mines they traded for it. I stick by my question, I'm still completely in the dark as to why anyone thinks there's classical documentation associating King Solomon with any mine.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Dear Oscar,

Thank you for sharing this interesting article!!!:)
Wendybunny

Everyone can make the world a better place!
Oscar Namechange

daBunnyWendy7;1183560 wrote: Dear Oscar,

Thank you for sharing this interesting article!!!:) Your very welcome. :)

Return to “History”