The Tomb of the Roman General who inspired Gladiator discovered!

spot

Post by spot »

Here chonsi, it's a UK BBC Timewatch documentary... "Murder in Rome, a re-enactment of the one of the most significant murder trials in history."

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... cero&hl=en
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:) Oh spot, thank you so much. It was a wonderful rendition of the trial! I really enjoyed it!
spot

Post by spot »

I'm glad you enjoyed that. I ended up understanding the original essay far more once I'd seen it. It's all in there but having it dramatised that way does wonders focusing the key moments.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes, the addition of the pressure from the wife, the smirks from the cousin, oh that was grand. I used to read Cicero so much, I remembered alot of his speeches for this case (I knew one was going to be on an exam, just didn't know which one) And having the setting the way it was-out there for public view, cat calls and clapping, what a court system!

Return to “History”