Ever wonder?

Raven

Ever wonder?

Post by Raven »

What the world would have been like had Alexander not died at 30 something?
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Hawke

Ever wonder?

Post by Hawke »

We'd all be speaking Greek :)
Raven

Ever wonder?

Post by Raven »

LOL! I thought we already did!

Seriously though.......He was well on the way to conquering India when he was poisoned in Egypt. How much further do you think he would have went? And how do you think it would have effected history?
Lon

Ever wonder?

Post by Lon »

Raven wrote: What the world would have been like had Alexander not died at 30 something?
It's just as well that he died at 30, otherwise they would have done a follow up movie documenting how he was one of the first to promote "Gay Rights".
Raven

Ever wonder?

Post by Raven »

Lon wrote: It's just as well that he died at 30, otherwise they would have done a follow up movie documenting how he was one of the first to promote "Gay Rights".
:yh_laugh LMAO!

I havent seen the movie. Heard it was really bad.
kensloft

Ever wonder?

Post by kensloft »

Alexandria would have been a town in Siberia?
Raven

Ever wonder?

Post by Raven »

kensloft wrote: Alexandria would have been a town in Siberia?

I wonder if he would have made it to China. The greeks hellenised the rest of the world. I know it's silly conjecture, but still.....
Hawke

Ever wonder?

Post by Hawke »

Honestly, its difficult to determine the impact. It's likely that we would wind up in a similar manner as today - though the individual country lines would undoubtedly be redefined a bit.

History is full of conquerors; in time all empires fall.
Raven

Ever wonder?

Post by Raven »

It's no wonder they all fall. Look at how they begin! Nazi Germany was trying to establish an 'empire'. The Soviets....and now Islam. For that matter, so too, christianity. Whats the ingredients to a really great empire?
kensloft

Ever wonder?

Post by kensloft »

Raven wrote: It's no wonder they all fall. Look at how they begin! Nazi Germany was trying to establish an 'empire'. The Soviets....and now Islam. For that matter, so too, christianity. Whats the ingredients to a really great empire?

No slaves. Everyone's a freeperson. Everyone has an equal opportunity. Yadda-yadda-yadda... .
Raven

Ever wonder?

Post by Raven »

Sounds like my kind of book! Great stuff for a 'alternate reality' sort of plot.

BTW.......the british almost DID win! They kicked our butt up until Yorktown!
kensloft

Ever wonder?

Post by kensloft »

Raven wrote: Sounds like my kind of book! Great stuff for a 'alternate reality' sort of plot.

BTW.......the british almost DID win! They kicked our butt up until Yorktown!
Close only counts in horse shoes or hand grenades. :-5
telaquapacky

Ever wonder?

Post by telaquapacky »

Andrew Harrison wrote: What if the French had triumphed at Dien Bien Phu, the Americans had bombed the Viet Minh positions around the valley, and the Geneva peace talks had not split Vietnam in half? Food for thought. What if, when Ho Chi Minh came to Harry Truman asking for aid, we had given it and persuaded France to give up Vietnam peacefully? They would be our friends as they are now, over fifty years ago, with the savings of countless lives and the avoidance of untold tragedy.
Look what the cat dragged in.

Return to “History”