JFK~~ November 22, 1963

lady cop

JFK~~ November 22, 1963

Post by lady cop »

John Fitzgerald Kennedy, President of the United States :yh_flag a sad anniversary ~
Carl44

JFK~~ November 22, 1963

Post by Carl44 »

lady cop;466141 wrote: John Fitzgerald Kennedy, President of the United States :yh_flag a sad anniversary ~

i agree he was a great man i wonder how the world would of changed if he had lived ?:(
spot

JFK~~ November 22, 1963

Post by spot »

Magenta flame;466300 wrote: what was that Berlin speech again?

that was a famous speech

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3022166.stm

I am proud to visit the Federal Republic with your distinguished chancellor who for so many years has committed Germany to democracy and freedom and progress, and to come here in the company of my fellow American, General Clay, who has been in this city during its great moments of crisis and will come again if ever needed.Interesting chap, Lucius Clay. He was the commander of the American occupation zone in Germany during Curtis LeMay's Berlin Airlift.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Marie5656

JFK~~ November 22, 1963

Post by Marie5656 »

I was 9 years old when he died. I remember the principal sent us all home from school. I have a strong recollection of walking by a classroom and seeing a teacher standing by a window sobbing. :-1
theia

JFK~~ November 22, 1963

Post by theia »

[QUOTE=Diuretic;466284] I still remember exactly what I was doing and where I was when I was told he'd been assassinated. /QUOTE]

Me too.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
CARLA

JFK~~ November 22, 1963

Post by CARLA »

I think we all remember where were we at that very minute. :-1
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

JFK~~ November 22, 1963

Post by lady cop »

i had dreams for weeks afterwards, the entire scenario played out in my mind every night. i was just a kid, huddled in a heavy wool coat against a raw windy day, the white house draped in black, and the caisson passing slowly by, the riderless horse a poignant symbol. it stayed with me always.
guppy

JFK~~ November 22, 1963

Post by guppy »

I was six months old. i have not a clue what i was doing. :thinking:

i always wondered how out history might be different in he had lived.......Cuba might have ended up being a beach for the rich americans or something......
lady cop

JFK~~ November 22, 1963

Post by lady cop »

guppy;467075 wrote: I was six months old. i have not a clue what i was doing. :thinking:

i always wondered how out history might be different in he had lived.......Cuba might have ended up being a beach for the rich americans or something......havana was exactly that until the russians moved in. in the 50's havana was the biggest party on earth.
Rain

JFK~~ November 22, 1963

Post by Rain »

I was in school. We were all sent home. I found my mom crying in the livingroom watching tv. It felt like all hope was taken away from us. Then it seemed like all hell broke loose with Johnson.

Return to “History”