What if....

guppy

What if....

Post by guppy »

i would think "so what else is new":lips:
zinkyusa

What if....

Post by zinkyusa »

I would say "I wonder how those landing sites that one can see with a high powered telescope got there?"
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
DesignerGal

What if....

Post by DesignerGal »

I probably wouldnt care.

HBIC
chonsigirl

What if....

Post by chonsigirl »

I wouldn't believe the news, because the Moon landing was true...............
cherandbuster

What if....

Post by cherandbuster »

zinkyusa wrote: I would say "I wonder how those landing sites that one can see with a high powered telescope got there?"

Right on Zinkster! :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chonsigirl

What if....

Post by chonsigirl »

NMow if they said something like Rock and Roll was dead, or something realistic, I might at least hear the story............

I am with Hamster, I don't hardly watch TV, and don't listen to a bunch of news..........
chonsigirl

What if....

Post by chonsigirl »

Yup Hamster. Off the wall stuff like there was no Moon Landing, well, I don't watch those kind of TV shows anyway.

Now if the news told us about a new object found in space-a funny yellow dancing guy, I might be interested.........................:)
chonsigirl

What if....

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes Hamster, news is slanted. If you see an important story, you have to watch it or read it from another source to get some balance.

Gosh, moon landing. I remember when they landed. Why do conspiracy theories like this pop up all the time? Have we not honor enough for great people like our atronauats anymorre? Those were our heroes as kids, not sport stars and idol stars. The astronauts, the bravests soul on earth and space.
zinkyusa

What if....

Post by zinkyusa »

Novelty wrote: I wouldn't like to say that the moon landing didn't happen, i'm more interested in the shock value of something on this scale was to be proven to be a big lie,

it's of great interest to me how ppl can ajust to anything, lets say a ET space craft landed on the White house lawn, we would all be amazed would we not? but how long would it take for us to simply accept it as the norm?

No argument there, just curious why you picked the lunar landings for your topic..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
chonsigirl

What if....

Post by chonsigirl »

Shock value of no moon landing-it would be the biggest hoax of the 20th century.

But, the thought itself, is a hoax.

Man did land on the moon.

What other topic would have an equal or greater shock value? Since we know this one don't work...................................
chonsigirl

What if....

Post by chonsigirl »

Duh-I just looked-this is a history forum......................

*getting out textbook*

What would have happened if Rome did not fall in the fifth century CE?

Where would we be today?
Rapunzel

What if....

Post by Rapunzel »

chonsigirl wrote: Shock value of no moon landing-it would be the biggest hoax of the 20th century.

But, the thought itself, is a hoax.

Man did land on the moon.

What other topic would have an equal or greater shock value? Since we know this one don't work...................................

What about if the BIBLE were a lie? :eek:

What if they carbon dated the original papyrus and found it was only 1500 years old or less? :eek:

Or what if the papyrus/parchment was made from a form of plant or animal skin never found on Earth? :eek:
K.Snyder

What if....

Post by K.Snyder »

I don't think its a question of "was the moon landing true", I think the real question is, is it innately possible to actually land on the moon, if so then it all doesn't really matter does it? So maybe they landed on the moon and then went back to the studio to film a reenactment for the benefit of society, so what if they did? I hardly believe that the entire world could convince today's society especially if it weren't at all possible to actually do so.
K.Snyder

What if....

Post by K.Snyder »

chonsigirl wrote:

:yh_think

Uh,....

a third gunman on the grassy knoll?
K.Snyder

What if....

Post by K.Snyder »

chonsigirl wrote: Duh-I just looked-this is a history forum......................

*getting out textbook*

What would have happened if Rome did not fall in the fifth century CE?

Where would we be today?

It would have fell in the sixth century CE. :wah:
DesignerGal

What if....

Post by DesignerGal »

Hamster wrote: I suppose the real issue here is if we have any control over what is projected to us in the media?

And do we ever stop to question it? :thinking:

There are six years left of questioning.

HBIC
chonsigirl

What if....

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah:

K Snyder, I really did like your questions-the third gunman, and Rome too.

I question the media always, maybe that is why I really don't watch the telly too much.
Rapunzel

What if....

Post by Rapunzel »

DesignerGal wrote: There are six years left of questioning.

Am I being really dense here? Why are there six years left of questioning? Why was Ian called sixyearsleft? Whats happening in 6 years? What have I missed? Why does no one ever tell me anything? Why are my arms strapped around my sides? :thinking: The padded walls and floor are nice and comfy tho :D
chonsigirl

What if....

Post by chonsigirl »

The Mayan calendar ends in 2012, it just doesn't say what will happen afterwards.
cherandbuster

What if....

Post by cherandbuster »

Rapunzel wrote: The padded walls and floor are nice and comfy tho

Rapper

You always make me smile :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

zinkyusa

What if....

Post by zinkyusa »

chonsigirl wrote: The Mayan calendar ends in 2012, it just doesn't say what will happen afterwards.

The Alien Mother Ship will be returning then to pick up Tom Cruise

The rest of us are doomed!:(
cherandbuster

What if....

Post by cherandbuster »

zinkyusa wrote: The Alien Mother Ship will be returning then to pick up Tom Cruise

The rest of us are doomed!:(

:D The Zinkmeister :D
Live Life with

PASSION

chonsigirl

What if....

Post by chonsigirl »

If I bribe the MotherShip, will they pick him up at little earlier, like now?
Katy1

What if....

Post by Katy1 »

zinkyusa wrote: No argument there, just curious why you picked the lunar landings for your topic..

Just for the novelty value;)
minks

What if....

Post by minks »

Novelty wrote: It came to light that the Moon Landing was a lie? lets try to imagine that it came on the 6 oclock News and was proven that nobody went to the Moon...

how would you react?

I would shake my head and laugh, and wonder how embarassed everybody would be feeling about such a schamm
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Wolverine

What if....

Post by Wolverine »

chonsigirl wrote: NMow if they said something like Rock and Roll was dead, or something realistic, I might at least hear the story............

I am with Hamster, I don't hardly watch TV, and don't listen to a bunch of news..........
Rock&Roll is NOT dead. As long as Paul McCartney and Brian Setzer are still around.

So.... it's almost dead.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Return to “History”