ok whats the big idea

spot

ok whats the big idea

Post by spot »

jimbo;1082050 wrote: i have my telescope and i have studied he moon and every crater on it i know it off by heart :-6:-6:-6

its great fantastic brilliant even :-6:-6

i have now moved onto the stars and planets

why :thinking:

its a blinking speck of light ..... a grain of sand ... what exactly are you spozed to see :-5:-5

its boring

i mean thats when you can find the flipping things :-5
No no no. Your actual stars, they're the sort of rats of the night-sky pantry, you need to tune them out somehow if you're to see the biscuit tins and marmalade pots that are up there. Pretend you can't see them or something. Refuse to notice them, imagine they're the cars and bikes on the street and all you want is a bus. Apart from the solar system the only interesting things up there are the other galaxies, your actual nebulae.

If it's fuzzy then it's worth looking at. If it's a spot it's boring.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
OpenMind

ok whats the big idea

Post by OpenMind »

spot;1082063 wrote: If it's fuzzy then it's worth looking at. If it's a spot it's boring.

Shall I put this in my siggy for the rest of the year?:yh_rotfl
OpenMind

ok whats the big idea

Post by OpenMind »

jimbo;1082050 wrote: i have my telescope and i have studied he moon and every crater on it i know it off by heart :-6:-6:-6

its great fantastic brilliant even :-6:-6

i have now moved onto the stars and planets

why :thinking:

its a blinking speck of light ..... a grain of sand ... what exactly are you spozed to see :-5:-5

its boring

i mean thats when you can find the flipping things :-5

What, you've even looked at the dark side of the moon?

Have you got a star chart, Jimbo.
along-for-the-ride

ok whats the big idea

Post by along-for-the-ride »

OpenMind;1082116 wrote: What, you've even looked at the dark side of the moon?

Have you got a star chart, Jimbo.

But, have you seen nights in white satin? or the stairway to heaven? or purple haze?

:D
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
spot

ok whats the big idea

Post by spot »

OpenMind;1082114 wrote: Shall I put this in my siggy for the rest of the year?:yh_rotfl

All three weeks of it?

You'll get odd looks.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Kathy Ellen

ok whats the big idea

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Jimbo:-4

I cannot express how much I love Astronomy. But, you have to some research and know what's out there. You can't just look through a telescope and know what you're looking at in outer space.

Why don't you get a simple book on astronomy that gives you the history of the constellations and where to look for individual one.

I subscribe to NASA.com and spaceweather.com

They let you know all of the wonderful events that will be happening throughout the world.

Due to these sites, I've seen comets, meteor showers, satellites, eclipses of the sun and moon......

You'll enjoy it more if you do some research....

Dubsy gave me an interesting site.. You might want to check it out in this area....

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/space ... ght-5.html
OpenMind

ok whats the big idea

Post by OpenMind »

Hey, Jimbo. Apparently there's a huge black hole at the centre of our galaxy. Can you take a look and report back. Cheers.
OpenMind

ok whats the big idea

Post by OpenMind »

jimbo;1082779 wrote: i'm looking into it :thinking::thinking:

its owned by gordon brown and apparently we are all paying for it later :-5:-5

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Return to “Space and Astronomy”