Has anyone looked at the sky tonight?

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Kathy Ellen;1197119 wrote: I sat in my yard looking at the sky tonight and only saw a few planes and helicopters....That's so unusual for this time as there are so many planes flying by.

I was thrilled to see a meteorite and some sort of a satellite flying by...don't know what it was. It looked like a butterfly flitting by at warp speed:wah:

That's what makes me happy;)

I think I am too close to the city lights to see much in our skys. I love looking at the moon and the stars. It is so relaxing. I don't know as much as you about the constalations and such but it is still very pretty to look up there.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1180409 wrote: I am waiting to see fireflies, they amaze me. I didn't see such gorgeous creatures as a child.

I still haven't seen any.:(
Life is just to short for drama.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

It is too early in the summer here for them but boy do we get them when the time is right.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Meteors from Halley's Comet will peak on Wednesday morning! Check out the below site to see info about this comet show and look at the cool pictures of comets over the skies of China and Finland.

***Look southeast*****

Looks like a clear sky for Noo Joisey. I'm going to plan to go out at 4:00 A.M. with a humungus cupa Joe and hopefully watch a great show. Hope it's not a dud:(

Space Weather News for Oct. 20, 2009

http://spaceweather.com

METEORS FROM HALLEY'S COMET: Earth is entering a stream of dusty debris from Halley's Comet, and this is causing the annual Orionid meteor shower. If forecasters are correct, the shower will peak on Wednesday morning, Oct. 21st, with dozens of meteors per hour. The best time to look is during the dark hours before local dawn.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Here's a site for Halley's comet and a few pics from Google images.....

Comet Halley

Odie

Post by Odie »

the last one is beautiful.:-6
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Space and Astronomy”