Perseid meteor shower

Kathy Ellen

Perseid meteor shower

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Anyone on the west coast of the USA going to watch the meteor shower on Tuesday morning?? I'm going to try to view it from the east coast with my telescope.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,400441,00.html

~I'm always searching for comets with my telescope....maybe I'll hitch a ride one day with Art Bell:wah:~

Kathy Ellen

Perseid meteor shower

Post by Kathy Ellen »

There are new Taurid meteor showers from Nov. 5-12 abounding....Maybe you'll see some meteors if you take your telescopes out during the next few days.

Don't think I'll see them at the beach...too many rain showers about.

I will look tonight around midnight to see if the sky has cleared up. I really miss the wonderful comet and meteor showers we used to have a few years ago.....Now, it's too rainy or cloudy:thinking: If it's nice I'll go up to the beach and spend some time with the fishermen:-6

SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

qsducks

Perseid meteor shower

Post by qsducks »

That is cool KE. Yeah, it is cloudy here too. November dreary month.:)
Kathy Ellen

Perseid meteor shower

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1048118 wrote: That is cool KE. Yeah, it is cloudy here too. November dreary month.:)

Too bad ducky...would love to watch the shower from the beach. Will do at midnight if the weather clears:-6 Haven't gone for my walk yet:wah::wah:

.........And if I'm awake:(
qsducks

Perseid meteor shower

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1048140 wrote: Too bad ducky...would love to watch the shower from the beach. Will do at midnight if the weather clears:-6 Haven't gone for my walk yet:wah::wah:

.........And if I'm awake:(

Have had those days..still in your jammies? Your telescope is really cool looking. Looking into getting one for Christmas as C is into that.
Kathy Ellen

Perseid meteor shower

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1048145 wrote: Have had those days..still in your jammies? Your telescope is really cool looking. Looking into getting one for Christmas as C is into that.

I love my telescope:-4

Just changed out of jammies...have to go to the store:wah::thinking:
qsducks

Perseid meteor shower

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1048163 wrote: I love my telescope:-4

Just changed out of jammies...have to go to the store:wah::thinking:

Yeah, getting off soon and have to go there myself. Need fluids. Good jammie day though. KE, don't you go out in your jammie pants? I do. I drive them to school in my jj's.:wah:
G-man

Perseid meteor shower

Post by G-man »

We've got rain coming in off the Pacific here, too... maybe it'll clear by then, though...

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Kathy Ellen

Perseid meteor shower

Post by Kathy Ellen »

During the next few days we're going to have some interesting events in our sky.........Get your telescopes out:-6

You can log onto spaceweather.com to get the full story. Sorry, I couldn't link the exact site sent to me by NASA about converging planets and Leonid Meteors..try this site for the Leonids...if you're interested...

SPACE.com -- Leonid Meteor Shower Special Report

I just went outside, looked to the southwest, and saw 2 gorgeous planets in the sky...Venus and Jupiter...they looked like stars.

On November 17th and 18th we can view the Leonid meteor shower. These meteors are usually visible at my beach in Noo Joisey. I usually go up to the beach in my jammies, sweater and a large cup of Joe and watch the show with the fishermen:wah:

Return to “Space and Astronomy”