STS-117 Shuttle Atlantis

JacksDad

STS-117 Shuttle Atlantis

Post by JacksDad »

One of the perks (ok. The only perk) to living where I do.

http://www.nasa.gov/55644main_NASATV_Windows.asx

I'm just waiting for the go ahead for countdown then I'll walk down to the river and watch the launch.

Always a strongly spiritual moment.

Godspeed, gentlemen.
Midnight Sun

STS-117 Shuttle Atlantis

Post by Midnight Sun »

JacksDad;633303 wrote: One of the perks (ok. The only perk) to living where I do.

http://www.nasa.gov/55644main_NASATV_Windows.asx

I'm just waiting for the go ahead for countdown then I'll walk down to the river and watch the launch.

Always a strongly spiritual moment.

Godspeed, ladies and gentlemen.

Good night for a launch. Clear sky. I remember being on the beach for Challenger as an 8 year old. It's one of those images that I'll never forget.
Michael

My other ride has a 32,000 gallon gas tank.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin
JacksDad

STS-117 Shuttle Atlantis

Post by JacksDad »

Not as clear As I would hope for but beautiful nonetheless.

So powerful. So inspiring.

Tonight I was able to hear the liftoff. The rumble came about two minutes after the launch. The ground softly shook.

Everyone around me disappeared. I was an eight year old boy in awe. Remembering Apollo 8 and Challenger. And the seven aboard the STS-117 as she makes her way to The Space Station.

I'm truly blessed to be able to see this.

Once again. Godspeed.
Midnight Sun

STS-117 Shuttle Atlantis

Post by Midnight Sun »

JacksDad;633378 wrote: Not as clear As I would hope for but beautiful nonetheless.

So powerful. So inspiring.

Tonight I was able to hear the liftoff. The rumble came about two minutes after the launch. The ground softly shook.

Everyone around me disappeared. I was an eight year old boy in awe. Remembering Apollo 8 and Challenger. And the seven aboard the STS-117 as she makes her way to The Space Station.

I'm truly blessed to be able to see this.

Once again. Godspeed.

Apollo was before my time :p We got to watch a launch from the air once (we were refueling off the coast at night) and that was a sight to see. I wish that I'd had a camera for that one.
Michael

My other ride has a 32,000 gallon gas tank.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin
JacksDad

STS-117 Shuttle Atlantis

Post by JacksDad »

Thanks, Midnite.

Just when I thought I'd seen it all......

:D

Return to “Space and Astronomy”