NASA World Wind

K.Snyder

NASA World Wind

Post by K.Snyder »

Wow,

You guys have to download this...

I found this incredible...

You can get a view of the Earth from all over the world, and zoom into any place in the world and view practically whatever you want...I have just downloaded it and have yet to notice all of what it's capable of, but so far I am impressed...Make sure you use all of the features.

And it's free!

From NASA

http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/download.html
Hugh Janus

NASA World Wind

Post by Hugh Janus »

Sorry. It's not a patch on google earth. If only the Americans would realise that there are other countries as well a the U.S. :thinking:
JacksDad

NASA World Wind

Post by JacksDad »

Hugh Janus;560735 wrote: Sorry. It's not a patch on google earth. If only the Americans would realise that there are other countries as well a the U.S. :thinking:

There are?

Quick! Alert the military!

We have to take them over!
K.Snyder

NASA World Wind

Post by K.Snyder »

Well, after looking at it further, the only places it allows you to view relatively close is the U.S...

With Google Earth some parts of the U.S are not viewable in the zoom levels, whereas some parts of the rest of the world are...But with NASA World Wind you can view every city in the U.S in the zoom levels, although you can't view the rest of the world...

Although with World Wind you can view some weather features and other things I haven't noticed with Google Earth...Perhaps downloading both would be of some benefit to anyone whom has something specific in mind...
spot

NASA World Wind

Post by spot »

K.Snyder;562952 wrote: Although with World Wind you can view some weather features and other things I haven't noticed with Google Earth...Perhaps downloading both would be of some benefit to anyone whom has something specific in mind...
If you want to add a useful USA-only portal to the TerraServer, the software at http://jdmcox.com/ is very effective and it's the best I know for building photo-quality jpg files to make poster-size prints from.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
K.Snyder

NASA World Wind

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;562968 wrote: If you want to add a useful USA-only portal to the TerraServer, the software at http://jdmcox.com/ is very effective and it's the best I know for building photo-quality jpg files to make poster-size prints from.

Some of their photos were alot clearer...Would be good for people wanting to plan a travel route without really having to buy a map...

Return to “Space and Astronomy”