Here is a new one.

Marie5656

Here is a new one.

Post by Marie5656 »

Richard Bell

Here is a new one.

Post by Richard Bell »

Magnificent !

Unfortunately, there is a large, inverted "L" shaped blank spot in the top right corner of the image I'm receiving. Anybody else see it ?

This photo is testament to the awesome power of the Hubble telescope. Images like this didn't exist until it's creation. I'm so relieved that NASA decided to rescue it. They were going to abandon it after the Columbia disaster, and let it plummet to the Earth, in a fiery demise.
Marie5656

Here is a new one.

Post by Marie5656 »

Richard, I saw it too...I was hoping it was just a glitch when it loaded up in my computer. Sorry about that.
Carl44

Here is a new one.

Post by Carl44 »

fantastic :-6 :-6 :-6 :-6
Richard Bell

Here is a new one.

Post by Richard Bell »

Marie5656;553710 wrote: Richard, I saw it too...I was hoping it was just a glitch when it loaded up in my computer. Sorry about that.

No worries... it's still breathtakingly beautiful.

When I initially clicked on it, I was listening to a scientist on the radio who was talking about the Big Bang, and the creation of the universe.

It's cool when stuff like that happens.
RedGlitter

Here is a new one.

Post by RedGlitter »

Those things are really freaky. I have such a hard time grasping the concept of light years- I do know what a light year is but my mind goes wiggly trying to fathom it. I wish I could comprehend how big those giant pillars actually are. Does anyone know this? Thanks for another stellar (pun intended) photo, Marie! :)

Return to “Space and Astronomy”