Jarhead

BabyRider

Jarhead

Post by BabyRider »

Anyone seen this yet? I will be seeing it as soon as it comes to the "discount" theater, and I can't wait!! The previews look so cool and the music that's playing really gets my blood pumping. Opinions yet??
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

TenneseeGirl

Jarhead

Post by TenneseeGirl »

-i cant even watch the previews i have to switch the channel everytime it comes on. Once my husband gets home i will be seeing it though. One of my favorite movies is Black Hawlk Down and i cant watch that either. Its harder to watch those type of movies now that my husband is there. :) but it does look good. When the preview doesnt make me wanna cry, then ill go see it LOL
~~~~~

Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.:lips:
Nomad

Jarhead

Post by Nomad »

Ive seen the previews and it looks like a must see. I cant remember where Ive seen the kid in it but hes good, kinda like a young Edward Norton.

I saw a good flick last night. 11:14 its called. Quirky and it bounces around but it all comes together in the end. 3.5 popcorn kernels.

Another funny but very wierd one is Napolean Dynamite. Good rent. 4 popcorn kernels.
I AM AWESOME MAN
BabyRider

Jarhead

Post by BabyRider »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Yuo'll have to give me more Baby, not heard of this one. And the music ?
Jake Gyllenhall, Jamie Fox, soldiers going to Iraq, talking about kicking the snot out of Saddam? Ringing any bells? It only opened today, I believe, and the music? I have no idea who it is, and it's not stuff I would normally listen to, but it fits the feel of this movie very well.

Let me go see what I can find on it for ya Arnold. :-4
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

Jarhead

Post by BabyRider »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Yuo'll have to give me more Baby, not heard of this one. And the music ?
Here ya go Arnold:

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/movies.php?id=2157
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

chonsigirl

Jarhead

Post by chonsigirl »

I just saw the commercial for it, it perked my husband up right away-I asked him if he wanted me to get it when it comes out, or get Star War III-he said "JarHead!" Score one for the Air Force brat!

*zip for me, I wanted to buy Star Wars III on Tuesday, but probably will sneak it in anyway!*
booradley

Jarhead

Post by booradley »

Nomad wrote: Another funny but very wierd one is Napolean Dynamite. Good rent. 4 popcorn kernels.

don't rent, buy it. Napolean Dynamite is very, very funny.
booradley

Jarhead

Post by booradley »

BabyRider wrote: Jake Gyllenhall

he's purty:yh_love
BabyRider

Jarhead

Post by BabyRider »

Far Rider wrote: BR!

I highly recommend the book, 2/3rd of the way through, it's awesome. He's a good writer/storyteller, and you get a full idea of the places and his dicription of military life is spot on!
That's what I wanted to hear: a military man's review. Thanks, Far!

FarRider wrote: If half of whats in the book is portrayed in the movie it will be an excellent movie.
*sigh* But it so seldom is, ya know?:-2
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”