Amityiville Horror

orangesox1

Amityiville Horror

Post by orangesox1 »

Good morning everyone.

During the 70s I used to watch horror movies. The scariest one I ever saw was the Amityville Horror, for some reason the basement part of the movie where he breaks the wall down stayed with me, and even now I have a fear of some places because of it.

Last night my 16 yr old who likes scary movies watched the new release of it at a friends place, she came home soooo scared she slept in my bed with me.

Whats the scariest movie you ever saw?:-3
Bez

Amityiville Horror

Post by Bez »

I can think of 3...

'The birds'....all those seagulls pecking eyes out and the crows in the school playground....ughhhhh

'Carrie'....all those kitchen knives flying round the kitchen and then.....ughhhhh

'Anacrophobia'.....how I hate spiders.....yuk...
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
orangesox1

Amityiville Horror

Post by orangesox1 »

Bez wrote: I can think of 3...

'The birds'....all those seagulls pecking eyes out and the crows in the school playground....ughhhhh

'Carrie'....all those kitchen knives flying round the kitchen and then.....ughhhhh

'Anacrophobia'.....how I hate spiders.....yuk...

Sometimes when I see a lot of bird gathering I think of that movie. I think we will all be different in what scares us the most, and what stays with us.
Bez

Amityiville Horror

Post by Bez »

orangesox1 wrote: Sometimes when I see a lot of bird gathering I think of that movie. I think we will all be different in what scares us the most, and what stays with us.

When it's outrageous stuff like Zombies and Aliens, it just makes me laugh, but when things you live with every day go 'bad'......ooooooh scary !
Rapunzel

Amityiville Horror

Post by Rapunzel »

Friday the 13th!!!!!

Scared the crap out of me! I had nightmares for months afterwards!

The bit that got me was the chap under the bed who stuck his knife up through the bed and you suddenly saw it come up through the bloke on the bed's throat!!

UGH!!!!!!! That was majorly sick and disgusting and I couldn't sleep alone for ages afterwards....I had to keep waking my little sister up and making her sleep in my bed with me because I was so scared! :-1
orangesox1

Amityiville Horror

Post by orangesox1 »

I wonder why we want to scare our selves, I am actually thinking of watching the new release of the Amityville, I am to scared though.:D so I need to get up the courage to do it.
Betty Boop

Amityiville Horror

Post by Betty Boop »

I stopped watching horror movies after one night my friend and I stayed up to watch one at her house.

Can't even remember the name of the film but it was the one with the shower scene.

Anyway we watched all of the film, turned the telly off and sat there, I didn't want to have to walk accross the street to my house, but obviously I had to. Just as I got up to go and make a run for it we heard a noise, someone was ouside her living room door, well we almost wet ourselves and our screams woke half the street as my friends Mum came into the room dressed in her long flowing white nightdress! :wah: :wah:
Kathy

Amityiville Horror

Post by Kathy »

Nightmare on Elm Street! The first one scared the life out of me! I still get the heevy-jeevies when I hear the name Freddie Krueger or hear that theme music!

Also, Amityville Horror. When I was a kid, I babysat a family that owned a beautiful older home they had completely re-done. They had a large playroom up on the third floor and I swore up and down that I saw "pig eyes" in the window....turned out to be the brake lights of the car across the street.
orangesox1

Amityiville Horror

Post by orangesox1 »

It's amazing that certain scenes stay with us for so many years after we watched the movie, even though we're adults now. There is no way I would go down into a dark basement at night.
chonsigirl

Amityiville Horror

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, you wouldn't want to sleep in my house then orange, our bedroom is down in the basement.

Frakenstein..................still is scary..................

Or Dracula, the one with Louis Jordan....................
orangesox1

Amityiville Horror

Post by orangesox1 »

chonsigirl wrote: Oh, you wouldn't want to sleep in my house then orange, our bedroom is down in the basement.

Frakenstein..................still is scary..................

Or Dracula, the one with Louis Jordan....................

Your right, I wouldn't sleep in your bedroom, even in mine I still sleep with the hall way light on
chonsigirl

Amityiville Horror

Post by chonsigirl »

You know, I did that for years too, Orange-now I think because I'm so tired I don't wake up so much. But being downstairs, we have a big glass slidig door, with long blinds on it, and if you peek out it in the dark of night, it looks spooky!
nvalleyvee

Amityiville Horror

Post by nvalleyvee »

orangesox1 wrote: Good morning everyone.

During the 70s I used to watch horror movies. The scariest one I ever saw was the Amityville Horror, for some reason the basement part of the movie where he breaks the wall down stayed with me, and even now I have a fear of some places because of it.

Last night my 16 yr old who likes scary movies watched the new release of it at a friends place, she came home soooo scared she slept in my bed with me.

Whats the scariest movie you ever saw?:-3

I never watch any horror movies anymore. I watched Halloween at 18 years old and that was the ABSOLUTE END FOR ME. I do not like to be scared. It was BAD BAD BAD BAD!!!!! So that is my story.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
SOJOURNER

Amityiville Horror

Post by SOJOURNER »

ArnoldLayne wrote: The Exorsist has no peers. Even after more than 30 years

I only saw pieces/parts through the years, but it was the only book I ever threw in the garbage, if that tells you something.............
Bez

Amityiville Horror

Post by Bez »

ArnoldLayne wrote: The Exorsist has no peers. Even after more than 30 years

When her head swivelled round.............eek !
Bez

Amityiville Horror

Post by Bez »

Agh....that explains it then !;)
LilacDragon

Amityiville Horror

Post by LilacDragon »

The mere mention of horror movies bring back some of my fondest high school memories! I was a in band and one of the trombone player's families owned the local funeral home. They lived upstairs and were the only family in town that had a big screen t.v. Friday nights, after games, would find a group of 10 to 20 teenagers in his living room watching horror movies! It was even scarier because in order to get out of the apartment, you had to go down the stairs and walk past the door to the cooler where the bodies were waiting for the funerals!

I can't pick a scariest movie though. I saw so many when I was in high school and I am not sure if the movies were actually scary or the location of the veiwing made them scarier.
Sandi

orangesox1

Amityiville Horror

Post by orangesox1 »

ArnoldLayne wrote: I do remember watching a Frankenstein film (balck and white , Boris Karloff ) when I was about 10 and I wet my pants :(

Thanks for sharing that Arnold.

When I was 15 my friend and I made a body in my bed out of towels to scare her sister, her sister ended up not showing up but by then we had scared ourselves so much that I was afraid to go in my room and take the body apart, I was sure it would come to life. I had to sit in the lounge room till my Mum came home.:wah:
Bez

Amityiville Horror

Post by Bez »

ArnoldLayne wrote: I do remember watching a Frankenstein film (balck and white , Boris Karloff ) when I was about 10 and I wet my pants :(

do you remember a really old black and white film.....a pianists hand creeping around all over the place? It might have been Peter Lorre...
Kathy

Amityiville Horror

Post by Kathy »

The old black and white ones were sooo good!

On Sunday afternoons they used to show them on TV. It was called Monsterpiece Theater. They had vampire, mummies, werewolves and Frankenstien movies. I'm pretty sure they showed the originals. My sister was so afraid the vampires would get her that she had to go to bed with handkerchiefs tied around her neck (Mom wouldn't let her string garlic in her room).
BabyRider

Amityiville Horror

Post by BabyRider »

The Exorcist 3 has a scene in it that scared me so bad, I can't begin to describe it.

You're looking down the hallway of the mental ward, it's very dim, and there's a nurse doing rounds, going back and forth into the rooms on both sides of the hallway. It's very quiet, and as she comes out of one of the rooms on the left, a figure stomps out after her with a set of those huge "scissors" that are used in autopsies to remove heads. He's got the "scissors" up about shoulder-height, obviously about to whack her head off, and she's totally unaware he's there. They cross the hall into the next room very quickly. The whole scene lasts about 3 seconds, but it's so creepy, it's disturbing.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

abbey

Amityiville Horror

Post by abbey »

ArnoldLayne wrote: The Exorsist has no peers. Even after more than 30 yearsI'm with you on that one AL, i was working in a cinema and they showed it on the late show and it scared the bejaysus outa me!

The other one that has scared me bad is nightmare on elm st, i still cant watch that on my own. :o
Valerie100

Amityiville Horror

Post by Valerie100 »

I saw the remake of Amityiville Horror. I thought it was awesome. I would recommend it. It really does leave an impression.
orangesox1

Amityiville Horror

Post by orangesox1 »

Valerie100 wrote: I saw the remake of Amityiville Horror. I thought it was awesome. I would recommend it. It really does leave an impression.

I got up the courage the other day to watch the remake, I watched it in the morning while I was ironing so I wouldn't be so scared. I thought it was pretty good, but I was upset that the priest ran out and left them.
actionfigurestepho

Amityiville Horror

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I just saw the remake with my parents. I was so freaked out at points that I had to cover my face with my hands! I loved the way they used original photographs. Very freaky.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”