Crash, the Movie

Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

SnoozeControl wrote: The movie sucked.

As for feeling tension during the scene with the mayor... that would be tense no matter what race is involved. These are dangerous days.

I don't need to be hit over the head with a "message" in a movie... and I felt insulted that the director felt the need to do so. Comparing this movie to a day in the life of Martin Luther King Jr is simplistic and minimalizing to his good works.

We all need to be hit over the head from time to time. You guys make it sound as if because you dont have racist views it implies that racist views dont exist ?

There was nothing in the movie that was impossible to imagine. Its a microcosm of someones world. Not valid enough though I guess huh ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

Bez wrote: But this was not only about Black and white....the black guy called the chinaman a 'chink' (sorry if that offends) and the Iraqi guy was really annoyed to be called 'Arab'....there was good, bad, love, hate, betrayal, honesty, theft, people trafficking...it was all there and it's happening all the time in nearly every country...this film bought you so close to it that it made you feel uncomfortable....I got very involved....good job I wasn't in a cinema !!!

Bullseye ! Thats a good thing !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

Accountable !!! Are you going away mad ? Come back here and talk to me !

Of all the people here I have no doubt whatsoever we can have an intelligent argument and walk away friends, no question in my mind. Or are you just done ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

Nomad wrote: There are races. And they bring different cultures with them. You say race as its a naughty word, its not, its the beauty of it, its what makes our world interesting. Its also what keeps us seperate in so many instances. But thats not really a race issue is it ? Its more of a tolerance issue, tolerance for things that are different than what we are accustomed to. The INSTANT you acknowledge this ficticious and arbitrary color-coding we call race, you set up an insurmountable 'us & them' barrier. We no more have separate races than chickens can lay fish eggs. You speak of cultures? I allege that a white kid from the inner-city can relate one hell of alot better to a black kid from the inner-city than can any private-school black kid from suburban Atlanta or black kid from a farm in rural Alabama. THAT's where the cultures are! Geography and economic dictate it. Stop trying to simplify it by applying color.

We've neatly pigeonholed a huge number of cultures under the misnomer "Hispanics." What a cultural travesty!

As long as you cling to your color-coded ideas of "race" there can be no progress!

Nomad wrote: Tell me acc, how do we get people talking without shocking them ? Before 9/11 no one even thought about Arabs.

Before Martin Luther King no one cared. Except the black population that is. Something as simple as Rosa Parks parking her ass on a bus seat was shocking to people then. But what happened ? Change. Thats what we need...change. This director provided a vehicle for that in his own way. And besides acc, whats it like to live in Detroit or NYC for a black man woman or child ? Dont know ? How could you/me ?
This movie did nothing but sit white people of myriad subcultures and blacks of myriad subcultures on opposite sides of a table and talk platitudes.

Gee, I'll bet the life of a middle-income black vet has a life pretty similar to my own. I'll bet a black millionaire in NYC has very little real idea of what life is like in the ghetto.

It's not about color and we should stop allowing tripe like this movie to distact us!!

Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

Nomad wrote: Accountable !!! Are you going away mad ? Come back here and talk to me !

Of all the people here I have no doubt whatsoever we can have an intelligent argument and walk away friends, no question in my mind. Or are you just done ?I broke for lunch.
StupidCowboyTricks

Crash, the Movie

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

ArnoldLayne wrote: I shall make it a priority to watch this film. It tends to polarise people to quite a degree
You should watch it with others and (I saw at theater) try not to stop once you have started.......pay attention, there are a lot of twist and turns. Then get back to us:wah:
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

StupidCowboyTricks

Crash, the Movie

Accountable wrote: The INSTANT you acknowledge this ficticious and arbitrary color-coding we call race, you set up an insurmountable 'us & them' barrier. We no more have separate races than chickens can lay fish eggs. You speak of cultures? I allege that a white kid from the inner-city can relate one hell of alot better to a black kid from the inner-city than can any private-school black kid from suburban Atlanta or black kid from a farm in rural Alabama. THAT's where the cultures are! Geography and economic dictate it. Stop trying to simplify it by applying color.

We've neatly pigeonholed a huge number of cultures under the misnomer "Hispanics." What a cultural travesty!

As long as you cling to your color-coded ideas of "race" there can be no progress!

This movie did nothing but sit white people of myriad subcultures and blacks of myriad subcultures on opposite sides of a table and talk platitudes.

Gee, I'll bet the life of a middle-income black vet has a life pretty similar to my own. I'll bet a black millionaire in NYC has very little real idea of what life is like in the ghetto.

It's not about color and we should stop allowing tripe like this movie to distact us!!

This movie is a movie of tolerance. We call come to the table with certain amount of "preconceived/learned"prejudices and notions, all this movie set's out to do is to shed light on it. It wasn't about "Race" per say.

Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

Accountable wrote: I broke for lunch.

I have no tolerance for "lunchers"
I AM AWESOME MAN
StupidCowboyTricks

Crash, the Movie

mrsK wrote: I watched the movie last night.

I think I will watch it again today,at times I had the odd tear in my eye:-6

This movie lives with you after you see it, it keeps you thinking. I need to see it on dvd.

Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

Nomad wrote: Accountable !!! Are you going away mad ? Come back here and talk to me !

Of all the people here I have no doubt whatsoever we can have an intelligent argument and walk away friends, no question in my mind. Or are you just done ?Hey Pot! This is the Kettle. I'm waiting for your response. :yh_whistl
StupidCowboyTricks

Crash, the Movie

SnoozeControl wrote: I must have missed something... I really didn't think this movie was all that.

Maybe you were lost in

:D

Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

Accountable wrote: The INSTANT you acknowledge this ficticious and arbitrary color-coding we call race, you set up an insurmountable 'us & them' barrier. We no more have separate races than chickens can lay fish eggs. You speak of cultures? I allege that a white kid from the inner-city can relate one hell of alot better to a black kid from the inner-city than can any private-school black kid from suburban Atlanta or black kid from a farm in rural Alabama. THAT's where the cultures are! Geography and economic dictate it. Stop trying to simplify it by applying color.

Dont the majority of black people think its about color ?

Whats wrong with color anyway ? It exists. Why are you denying it has something to do with prejudice ? Some hillbilly in Arkansas makes a racist comment, another jack ass in Texas drags a nigger (his perception, not mine) behind his truck. Racist incidents...the movie portrayed similar incidents in nature. It happens, why are you denying this exists. You have a bigger picture in mind right ? A world with no color ? How many species of animals are there ? Or insects ? All equal in their own rights yes ? We as humans are different, yet the same. Why deny this acc ? Its a multi cultured world as well. Isnt that why we travel to China or Peru ? To experience diversity ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bez

Crash, the Movie

Post by Bez »

Accountable wrote: Hey Pot! This is the Kettle. I'm waiting for your response. :yh_whistl

OOOH...tea time...what cookies have you got (apart from yourselves of course)

:-4
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

Accountable wrote: Hey Pot! This is the Kettle. I'm waiting for your response. :yh_whistl
We bought 2 widescreen tv's. Between the dvd players, the vcr and the home theatre recievers and speakers Im going on 24 hrs trying to get it hooked up. At least I wasnt having "lunch" pft
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

Nomad wrote: Dont the majority of black people think its about color ?

Whats wrong with color anyway ? It exists. Why are you denying it has something to do with prejudice ? Some hillbilly in Arkansas makes a racist comment, another jack ass in Texas drags a nigger (his perception, not mine) behind his truck. Racist incidents...the movie portrayed similar incidents in nature. It happens, why are you denying this exists. You have a bigger picture in mind right ? A world with no color ? How many species of animals are there ? Or insects ? All equal in their own rights yes ? We as humans are different, yet the same. Why deny this acc ? Its a multi cultured world as well. Isnt that why we travel to China or Peru ? To experience diversity ?When you try to simplify all of humanity by color-coding, you cheapen it. YOU cheapen it.

Skin color should be nothing more than a physical trait used for description, but you try to assign all types of arbitrary cultural mores, preferences, etc. to that color! You, Nomad, erase the face behind the color! You, Nomad, cheapen the individual by that kind of thinking! You, Nomad, can help to erase these knee-jerk predjudicial responses by attacking it when you see it, not by accepting it as inevitable. You, Nomad - and anyone else reading this - abdicate your responsibility to eradicate the bigotry around you when you watch a movie such as this and see it as a cerebral exercise and fail to challenge it.

Celebrate the diversity of the people. Don't color-code us.
Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

Accountable wrote: When you try to simplify all of humanity by color-coding, you cheapen it. YOU cheapen it.

Skin color should be nothing more than a physical trait used for description, but you try to assign all types of arbitrary cultural mores, preferences, etc. to that color! You, Nomad, erase the face behind the color! You, Nomad, cheapen the individual by that kind of thinking! You, Nomad, can help to erase these knee-jerk predjudicial responses by attacking it when you see it, not by accepting it as inevitable. You, Nomad - and anyone else reading this - abdicate your responsibility to eradicate the bigotry around you when you watch a movie such as this and see it as a cerebral exercise and fail to challenge it.

You are misunderstanding me acc. Ive never subscribed to the idea that black people act a certain way, white another, American Indian yet another. Within that context however would you deny that American Indians still true to their heritage have a seperate way of life than you and I ? (culture)) Also that their skin color is of a different shade than you and I ? (color)
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

This is exactly what Ive been saying ! Your turning my words into something they are not ! I dont appreciate that at all.
I AM AWESOME MAN
StupidCowboyTricks

Crash, the Movie

Nomad wrote: Celebrate the diversity of the people. Don't color-code us.

This is exactly what Ive been saying ! Your turning my words into something they are not ! I dont appreciate that at all.

And what Acc says isn't what this movie says.

Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

Nomad wrote: You are misunderstanding me acc. Ive never subscribed to the idea that black people act a certain way, white another, American Indian yet another. Within that context however would you deny that American Indians still true to their heritage have a seperate way of life than you and I ? (culture)) Also that their skin color is of a different shade than you and I ? (color)You link their skin color and their culture. That is what is wrong. That is what cheapens. Do American Indians who are not true to their heritage lose pigmentation? Go to a homeless shelter. Do the white homeless guys have more in common with you or with the black homeless guys?

Why can't you see the pigmentation is incidental? The only value it has is that value people give it. Don't allow it to have value.
orangesox1

Crash, the Movie

Post by orangesox1 »

When I walk home alone at night and come across a group of Aboriginal men, I feel threatend, if the were white Australians I wouldn't. Why? because last time some one in this town raped some one they were Aboriginal, last time some one got stabbed it was by an Aboriginal, last time a car was stolen and burned out they were Aboriginal. We have major problems in the Aboriginal housing areas, with ambos and fire engines being rocked as they drive through

I don't discriminate, my Children are dark skinned as there father is Italian, most of their friends are Aboriginal and welcome in my home.

The very fact that I feel more threatened by Aboriginal youths says to me that I have some racisim in me, it is not something I like or want but it has been learned by experience.
Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

Its his perception and thats fine. When he portrays my sentiments as something they are not that Im having trouble with. Ive been saying that we should celebrate our diversity, its what makes us unique and interesting. We are not colorless, and that we are different is nothing to be ashamed of nor ignored. Many blacks take great pride in their African heritage, you can see that in the birth names given in the last 25 yrs. Im all for it. Im glad there are diversities amongst us. Im glad there are cultural differences. Its beautiful.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

orangesox1 wrote: When I walk home alone at night and come across a group of Aboriginal men, I feel threatend, if the were white Australians I wouldn't. Why? because last time some one in this town raped some one they were Aboriginal, last time some one got stabbed it was by an Aboriginal, last time a car was stolen and burned out they were Aboriginal. We have major problems in the Aboriginal housing areas, with ambos and fire engines being rocked as they drive through

I don't discriminate, my Children are dark skinned as there father is Italian, most of their friends are Aboriginal and welcome in my home.

The very fact that I feel more threatened by Aboriginal youths says to me that I have some racisim in me, it is not something I like or want but it has been learned by experience.
I think it's not simply that they're Aboriginal. Would you feel the same if those Aboriginals wore suits and had clean haircuts? Would you feel the same if it were a group of mixed colors but similar dress and behavior?
Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

Accountable wrote: You link their skin color and their culture. That is what is wrong. That is what cheapens. Do American Indians who are not true to their heritage lose pigmentation? Go to a homeless shelter. Do the white homeless guys have more in common with you or with the black homeless guys?

Why can't you see the pigmentation is incidental? The only value it has is that value people give it. Don't allow it to have value.

A Pakistani man has Pakistani values. Thats his upbringing, he also happens to have a skin pigmentation different than mine ! So what ????????????????

I dont care, it has no meaning to me except that it is !!!!!!!!!!It doesnt determine the value I give him as a human being one way or another. Do you understand ? If his skin color is different its different, it has no bearing in my mind what so ever on my thoughts towards him. You seem almost fearful that there are differences ? Why ? Are you implying I have racist views ? If you are, youre way out of line here because Ive exhausted myself trying to tell you otherwise. Go read my journal acc !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

Nomad wrote: Its his perception and thats fine. When he portrays my sentiments as something they are not that Im having trouble with. Ive been saying that we should celebrate our diversity, its what makes us unique and interesting. We are not colorless, and that we are different is nothing to be ashamed of nor ignored. Many blacks take great pride in their African heritage, you can see that in the birth names given in the last 25 yrs. Im all for it. Im glad there are diversities amongst us. Im glad there are cultural differences. Its beautiful.Then get off the color-coding. Why do you insist on separating yourself from other humans by using the term "race"?

No matter what the pigmentation, every shade has myriad cultures. Why say black people are this or that or believe this or that, separate from white people? I'm certain you can find many people of many hues that share many views & opinions with you. why do you separate yourself from them with such an arbitrary designation?
Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

Nomad wrote: A Pakistani man has Pakistani values. Thats his upbringing, he also happens to have a skin pigmentation different than mine ! So what ????????????????

[...]But does he come from a Pakistani RACE?!?

This is the point I'm making. When the Romulans land here, we can start designating races. Until then, it does nothing but separate and alienate.
orangesox1

Crash, the Movie

Post by orangesox1 »

Accountable wrote: I think it's not simply that they're Aboriginal. Would you feel the same if those Aboriginals wore suits and had clean haircuts? Would you feel the same if it were a group of mixed colors but similar dress and behavior?

Well they dress the same as all the youths around here, so it doesn't come down to dress style. I am pretty sure it is because of what I know of there behaviour, if anyone is shouting obsenities on the street unfortunatly it will be an aboriginal.

But there are also lots of lovely Aboriginal people around here that would be welcome in my home and treated equal to any other visitor, I have lived in a few countries, but also felt very threatend by Turkish men as I was approached and asked outright for sex on a few occasions. It got to the point where I wouldn't go out with out one of my children with me. So I learned racisim from experience.
Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

Ok acc we are all green or opaque, now what happens ? We lose a large part of our diversity. Its almost as if you deny black exists. Im really not understanding why you have a problem with identifying people as different in color1humanbeing

Posted on: 04-06-2005 @ 07:26 pm

Racism can be bold and outright, in your face racism. The kind you cant mistake for sugar coated double talk. The kind of racism that hits you right between the eyes and you know exactly who it is your dealing with. " Whats the only good kind of n..... ?.......a dead n..... " You know what Im talking about, youve all heard it, seen it, know what it looks like, and what it smells like.Then theres the kind of racism thats subtler, softer, a little harder to distinguish. Maybe it was just a stupid remark, or you think they must have really meant something else. It might be an off colored joke that isnt outright bigoted, but it still doesnt feel right laughing about it.Then theres the kind of racism thats been there all the time. You just didnt know it, its been hidden, not talked about, but its been there. I ran into this bit of bigotry the other day and I was astonished because I didnt see it coming. It came from North, South, East and West. A guy I work with, a real sweet guy, an older gentleman, about ready to retire, Ive known him a few years and never would have guessed he was a bigot.There were a few of us standing around and he told us the house next to him had been up for rent for quite awhile and over the weekend a family had moved in. When he said it he got real quiet and cocked one eye upwards, looking around at everyone slow while he didnt say anything else. There was a kind of ooooohhh that went around the circle, and of course the first comment was " are they n...... ? "I think the next comment was along the lines of cops, drugs and loud rap music, followed by depreciation of the value of his house.I never would have guessed that coming from this nice guy, let alone the rest of the group. I remember just looking down and wishing I werent there. I dont have a point here except to say I was really disappointed, and I felt a little sick to my stomach. Maybe his dad was a racist, or maybe he had a couple of bad experiences that formed his opinions. I dont know. I am having a hard time looking him in the eye now though.

I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

I rushed home and wrote this immediately after watching Crash.

A persian small shop owner is robbed and vandalized, everything he owns is gone or destroyed. The day before he hired a Latino man to change his faulty locks. He does but warns the shop owner the door needs to be replaced, its not safe. When the Persian man finds his shop has been robbed vandalized and in shambles he blames the filthy Puerto Rican and is so distraught he takes his gun from the drawer and finds the Latino locksmith at his home. As hes demanding payment for the ruin of his shop the locksmiths young daughter runs out to her daddy startling the shop owner and he shoots the little girl and the point of realization for the shopkeeper and the father is frozen in time.

A black Lincoln navigator driven by a well dressed black man and his beautiful wife pass a police car it fits the description of a stolen car. One of the officers realizes its not the car the plates dont match but the other officer has been getting the runaround from a black healthcare worker concerning treatment for his father. Hes frustrated and been on the force long enough to set his racist veiws in cement so he pulls them over anyway. He harrasses the couple and humiliates the women when he searches her in front of her husband. They leave. The woman feels violated and the man has lost his dignity but the white officer feels vindicated.

These are two scenes from a film I saw yesterday. The film was called Crash and it revolved around intertwining stories of racist occurences. They happen every day around the world.

Why ?

If you are unkind to yourself you will be unkind to others, and if you are negligent of yourself you will be that to others. Only by feeling compassion for yourself can you feel compassion for others.

Why do we hate one another ? Why do we persist in this destructive aversion ? What is it that enables us to commit acts of hostility and perversion upon one another. Could it be a lack of understanding or an unwillingness to relinquish our the side of ourselves that remains vulnerable ?

Love is not a passive state. It is an active force. A force of the soul.

As is hate and degradation and racism and the purposeful intent of destroying anothers heart or mind or soul.

This is what Im asking, are our differences really that great ? Just as the many times human beings find themselves in circumstances where the hurt or the pain is so great that on their own power they cannot forgive. Then that would be the time to bow and ask or beg for guidance and wisdom. Hate is a powerful tool that we use for vengeance and the engine that fuels and drives our hateful intents.Do we start out intending to hate ? Or is it an aquired taste we just cant seem to let go of ? Are we even aware of our own intents ? I suspect at many times were not, as awareness is a heightened state of bliss and acceptance of ourselves, others and the world we live in. What is hate except darkness, the absence of light ? I dont think its something that should be avoided but rather intensely explored and delved into.

To find and isolate the source of our own misgivings, doubts or inabilities is a step towards light. Its an admittance of imperfection and a realization that we lack an essential ingredient that provides for a complete awareness of ones self, and allows for the beginning of healing.

After all when we hate who are we really hurting ?

We can profoundly affect the happiness and health of those around us but unless we can truly love ourselves we cant heal the wounds we have created for ourselves. Our wounds will never heal if we perpetuate them and indefnitely feed them with the source of their cause.

In order to make a healing change within ourselves as I said we must isolate and define the source and intensity of the pain that we carry with us.You have to be clear in your thoughts about your purpose and intent for a gentler path for your soul to travel on.

Be mindful of the words you use, be clear that you are what you say, you are what you do, how you present your actions to the world. What you do is how you become.

Ive learned this in my own life. To change habits, to change desires, to change at all is one of the hardest things we can do.

To forgive is one of the hardest things we can do, it leaves us vulnerable. But at the same time it strengthens our character it provides a new outlook, it heals. It allows us to move away from pain.

We all of us are blessed human beings. We experience similar struggles, climb many of the same mountains and cry the same tears. We love. We have the potential to be extraordinary. We are different yet we are the same.

Why then do we hurt, kill, maim and destroy eachother ?

Why ?

I AM AWESOME MAN
StupidCowboyTricks

Crash, the Movie

Accountable wrote: There are no "races," the movie demonized white people almost exclusively and treated Ludakriss' bigotry as a cute joke, and there are an infinite number of ways to get people talking without resorting to this tripe.

You need to reread your post ACC.

Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

Obviously you and I have different definitions of race, because we're parallel in all of this save that word. Where I come from that word comes with alot of baggage it is apparently without in your neck of the woods. It is a word that throws up barriers to communication. It does not equal color. I do not and have not denied color exists. I do not and have not denied bigotry exists.

What I am saying, and what is apparently getting lost in the fog, is that to reduce & eventually eradicate the bigotry founded in arbitrary color-coding of people, we must get rid of the barriers. Don't get rid of the cultures, for cryin' out loud. On the contrary, expand our knowledge of the cultures and subcultures and acknowledge that they cross old racial lines.

I'm done for now, Nomad. It's gotten too ugly, & I don't want to get ugly with friends.
Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

StupidCowboyTricks wrote: You need to reread your post ACC.If you have something real to say, say it outright without me trying to figure out what you mean. Otherwise, shut the f*ck up.
StupidCowboyTricks

Crash, the Movie

Accountable wrote: If you have something real to say, say it outright without me trying to figure out what you mean. Otherwise, shut the f*ck up.

Scuse me "Mz Baby Rider"......

I have been .........give it a read will ya?

BabyRider

Crash, the Movie

Post by BabyRider »

StupidCowboyTricks wrote: Scuse me "Mz Baby Rider"......

I have been .........give it a read will ya?
Hey, Stupid, whatever you've got going on in here with Accountable, leave me out, unless you're SURE you want to bring me in on it. Your obtuse postings are not clever, or funny, or thought-provoking, they're just, well, as your name says, Stupid.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Benjamin

Crash, the Movie

Post by Benjamin »

I don't mind a movie that's trying to make a political statement if it can stand alone as a movie, but I don't think "Crash" filled that requirement. I didn't really find any of the characters interesting or likable, except for maybe the Matt Dillon character. The movie was about as much fun as a Tennessee Williams play. I wound up walking out about 3/4 of the way through.
StupidCowboyTricks

Crash, the Movie

Benjamin wrote: I don't mind a movie that's trying to make a political statement if it can stand alone as a movie, but I don't think "Crash" filled that requirement. I didn't really find any of the characters interesting or likable, except for maybe the Matt Dillon character. The movie was about as much fun as a Tennessee Williams play. I wound up walking out about 3/4 of the way through.

It's just a quirky little movie that had a punch....I did not take it as political. Maybe the the thing I wanted to see is that people are not all bad??? Matt Dillon, I thought was great. They all were good

StupidCowboyTricks

Crash, the Movie

SnoozeControl wrote: It was just so heavy handed. It felt like someone was trying to force polical correctness down my throat.

How so snooze? I told you about this picture awhile ago maybe you expected more? The fun in it was just seeing where everything led to......in that respect it was kind of comical.

Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

Accountable wrote: But does he come from a Pakistani RACE?!?

This is the point I'm making. When the Romulans land here, we can start designating races. Until then, it does nothing but separate and alienate.

Not to me it doesnt, when I was younger and before I married making love to a beautifully colored black woman was a part of the experience. Didnt alienate me one bit...loved it ! And she enjoyed my skin color as well.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

Obviously you and I have different definitions of race, because we're parallel in all of this save that word. Where I come from that word comes with alot of baggage it is apparently without in your neck of the woods. It is a word that throws up barriers to communication. It does not equal color. I do not and have not denied color exists. I do not and have not denied bigotry exists.

This explains my confusion. I dont have any baggage about it. Im speaking in the purest sense. Your coming from a skewed and distorted point of view. See the difference ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

Nomad wrote: Obviously you and I have different definitions of race, because we're parallel in all of this save that word. Where I come from that word comes with alot of baggage it is apparently without in your neck of the woods. It is a word that throws up barriers to communication. It does not equal color. I do not and have not denied color exists. I do not and have not denied bigotry exists.

This explains my confusion. I dont have any baggage about it. Im speaking in the purest sense. Your coming from a skewed and distorted point of view. See the difference ?There is no pure race, so you can't have a purest sense of race. There is no view of race because race does not exist. Since there is no view there is no distorted view.

Let's celebrate culture, celebrate ethnicity, and retire this conversation, eh?
Nomad

Crash, the Movie

Post by Nomad »

Accountable wrote: There is no pure race, so you can't have a purest sense of race. There is no view of race because race does not exist. Since there is no view there is no distorted view.

Let's celebrate culture, celebrate ethnicity, and retire this conversation, eh?

Thats fine my friend.

(but I didnt mean pure race, I meant the purest form of humanity, its what Ive meant all along) I love my brothers and sisters of all color.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

Nomad wrote: Thats fine my friend.

(but I didnt mean pure race, I meant the purest form of humanity, its what Ive meant all along) I love my brothers and sisters of all color.Mee tooo! Even the yeller ones with nervous leg syndrone. :-6
Accountable

Crash, the Movie

Post by Accountable »

When the writer accepted his Oscar for best original screenplay, he said something like "Art is not a mirror to reflect society, it is a hammer to shape it." Then something about doing his part.

I truly believe the movie would have been more balanced and accurate if the writers weren't a couple of guilt-wracked white people.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”