The Old Movies

capt_buzzard

The Old Movies

Post by capt_buzzard »

I like the old movies best. We have a large collection of movies made in the 1950s to 1980s I love the old war and western movies of John Wyane, Charles Bronson,Yul Brenner,Jack Palance,Burt Lancaster + many many more. We also have most of the Musical one's like, West Side Story,Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Showboat,Singing in the rain, Greese + lots more.

I like some of the Action movies today with Gene Hackman,Alan Rickman,Tommy lee jones,Bruce Willis,Steven Segal and more.
Tombstone

The Old Movies

Post by Tombstone »

Did you just start collecting these movies, or do you have older copies on tape?

What do you think of the "Spagetti Westerns" directed by Sergio Leone and starring Clint Eastwood? For A Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, and a A Fistful of Dollars?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

The Old Movies

Post by capt_buzzard »

My little woman started collecting the movies in 1979. Then she got them put on DVD last year. Yes we have quite a collection,family neighbours and friends come by to borrow one or two. :-4
capt_buzzard

The Old Movies

Post by capt_buzzard »

Tombstone wrote: Did you just start collecting these movies, or do you have older copies on tape?

What do you think of the "Spagetti Westerns" directed by Sergio Leone and starring Clint Eastwood? For A Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, and a A Fistful of Dollars?
Not into Clint and his kinda spagetti western rubbish.
Hawke

The Old Movies

Post by Hawke »

I absolutely love the old movies. There was a completely different atmosphere in the days before cookie-cutter pictures and computer-aided effects. Its amazing when you sit down and watch back-to-back epics such as the classic Cleopatra and the modern Troy; the difference is readily palpable.

Guess I'm just a romantic. :)
capt_buzzard

The Old Movies

Post by capt_buzzard »

What did you guys think of the movie ' Alexander' and the Irishman Colin Farrell?
gmc

The Old Movies

Post by gmc »

posted by tombstone

Ever see the original japanese version of a fistful of dollars Sanjuro, starring toshiro Mifune and directed by ariko kurosawa? Clint even copied the body language. surprising how similar and yet how different the culture is. Seven samurai as well.

posted by capn buzzard

Not into Clint and his kinda spagetti western rubbish :-1 :-1

What did you guys think of the movie ' Alexander' and the Irishman Colin Farrell?

Haven't seen it yet, any good?
gmc

The Old Movies

Post by gmc »

posted by hollywood18

I think Colin Ferrel is awesome. He's an attractive man, he can act, and he has an accent--how hot is that? I haven't gotten to see "Alexander" yet, but I've wanted to see it really bad.

I've got an accent too :D :D If you can imagine sean connery without the lisp :cool: :cool: and more hair.
Bill Sikes

The Old Movies

Post by Bill Sikes »

gmc wrote: I've got an accent too If you can imagine sean connery without the lisp and more hair.

What's your shoe size, then?
capt_buzzard

The Old Movies

Post by capt_buzzard »

Sean Connery - The Real James Bond
capt_buzzard

The Old Movies

Post by capt_buzzard »

And the 'Duke'? www.jwplace.com :guitarist
lady cop

The Old Movies

Post by lady cop »

give me bogart , bacall, bergman, and old musicals too.
capt_buzzard

The Old Movies

Post by capt_buzzard »

Hollywood18 wrote: I think Colin Ferrel is awesome. He's an attractive man, he can act, and he has an accent--how hot is that? I haven't gotten to see "Alexander" yet, but I've wanted to see it really bad. That movie did not go down well over here.
capt_buzzard

The Old Movies

Post by capt_buzzard »

lady cop wrote: give me bogart , bacall, bergman, and old musicals too.
And Bette Davis?
lady cop

The Old Movies

Post by lady cop »

capt_buzzard wrote: And Bette Davis?
absolutely!
capt_buzzard

The Old Movies

Post by capt_buzzard »

lady cop wrote: absolutely!
Jean Russell and Robert Michum, Robert Ryan, Burt Lancastor I like some of those B&W movies too.
capt_buzzard

The Old Movies

Post by capt_buzzard »

Remember Psycho, I still love it. There will never be another A.Hitchcock
gmc

The Old Movies

Post by gmc »

posted by hollywood18

Well, gmc, that sounds pretty attractive. That's cool. I always wish I had been born and raised in Europe somewhere and that I had an accent--most probably England. You most likely think that's silly, huh?

Why do americans think they don't have an accent? You do have an accent just an american one, it's just americans think they're normal and evrybody else is ifferent :D

I wouldn't expect you all to sound like hollywood actors. Jerry springer and the like are quite entertaining for that reason, just to hear different accents
Bill Sikes

The Old Movies

Post by Bill Sikes »

capt_buzzard wrote: Robert Michum

Ah! "Night of the Hunter". One of the greatest films.
capt_buzzard

The Old Movies

Post by capt_buzzard »

But I do hate those American and some British film makers that put that horrible Irish accent on their not so irish actors. :-5 Top of the morning to ya stuff :-5
Bill Sikes

The Old Movies

Post by Bill Sikes »

capt_buzzard wrote: But I do hate those American and some British film makers that put that horrible Irish accent on their not so irish actors.

Dick Van Dyke.......
along-for-the-ride

The Old Movies

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hollywood18 wrote: I have to agree. I adore watching the classics. But I prefer the 1930's and even the silents of the 1920's. Great films, great talent. Garbo is my favourite classic actress.

Have you ever seen "Greed" and "Sunrise" and "The Sign of the Cross"and "Broken Blossoms"? Some great early films.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
along-for-the-ride

The Old Movies

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Bill Sikes wrote: Ah! "Night of the Hunter". One of the greatest films.

I agree, one of my favorites.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Wild Weasil

The Old Movies

Post by Wild Weasil »

I dont know if they come under the heading 'old movies' but how about the original versions of ' Nikita' by Luc Besson and the 'Italian Job', also 'Get Carter'.

I dont mind remakes of films if they add something to the story, but the later versions of these films were just awful (and the least said about the RollerBall re-hash the better.) :cool:
Bothwell

The Old Movies

Post by Bothwell »

Weasel - I happened to see that get Carter was on sky the other night, tuned in and it was the remake, absolutely bloody awful, IMO GC is one of the great british films, great acting and fantastic locations, who in their right mind thought this was a good idea?
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Wild Weasil

The Old Movies

Post by Wild Weasil »

Bothwell wrote: Weasel - I happened to see that get Carter was on sky the other night, tuned in and it was the remake, absolutely bloody awful, IMO GC is one of the great british films, great acting and fantastic locations, who in their right mind thought this was a good idea?

I've never had the courage to watch the Sly Stallone version, I knew no good would come of it.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”