Charlie And The Chocolate Factory (2005)

Porpoise

Post by Porpoise »

Is anybody excited about seeing this movie? I just saw a preview of it on tv the other day and it looks so bad! I couldn't believe it. I wasn't expecting it to be that great of a movie to begin with since it is a remake, but this looks like it will be worse than I was expecting. I am going to go see it, but I am no longer excited about it. :(
DANGER!I drive like you do.
minks

Post by minks »

oh blast I was hoping you would say you went and found it to be outstanding, I would like to go see it, I liked the original story and I really like Johnny Depp, that man can act out anything.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

The previews do look bad, so dark-and not like yummy dark candy. Read the book instead, it is so much better!
minks

Post by minks »

tis tim burton

what else could we expect from a man of his "darkness" hehehehehe

― Mae West
Tan

Post by Tan »

I love Johnny Depp. I loved the original Chocolate Factory too. I hope it's better than I expect.
Tan
minks

Post by minks »

Tan wrote: I love Johnny Depp. I loved the original Chocolate Factory too. I hope it's better than I expect.

I figure if you don't fall for what the critics say and go see for yourself I am sure it can't be all that bad.

I am a Tim Burton fan so if he produced it I am inclined to think it will be good

― Mae West
LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

My wife thinks Christopher Walker would have made a better lead character.

Haven't gone out to a movie movie since the kid was born. The DVD/VCR player is also nonfunctional. It worked till we tried to record a DVD and then it spazzed out. Tiz still on warenty(sp?) but we have to ship it to California.

Now I got the ompa lumpa song in my head. Have had the song that goes "I just can't get enough in my head lately. Perhaps I should listen to some Jethro Tull. Just bought Jethro Tull tickets today for a november show.

As for the Choclate Factory. I saw the preview but did not notice the dark image. Perhpas I saw a different promo.

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/?sponsor=Z4941

MagicZ4941A
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

minks wrote: I figure if you don't fall for what the critics say and go see for yourself I am sure it can't be all that bad.

I am a Tim Burton fan so if he produced it I am inclined to think it will be good
Burton Directed it. and with anything he does it will be a little "off" :-2

But as far as Depp goes... I think he is a great actor, but he has let me down too many times with absolutely horrific movies.

i.e.--- The Ninth Gate

Cry Baby

Chocolate`

From Hell

Secret Window(a bad Stephen King remake)

But he has done a number of movies I consider to be classics

-------- Benny&June

Edward Scissorhands

What's Eating Gilbert Grape(DiCRAPio's greatest performance)

Pirates of the Caribeann

so Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is going to be one end of the spectrum or the other: Great or Gawd Awful!

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Jives

Post by Jives »

Note to Directors: Never remake a movie that has become a National Icon. No matter how you do it, it'll be compared to the original and usually unfavorably.

Everybody save your money and go see "War of the Worlds". Steven Spielburg never fails us!
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
rainbowsmiles

Post by rainbowsmiles »

I have a friend that lives in France and she saw it and she absolutely loved it. She said it was very funny! I'm going to see it Saturday! I love Johnny Depp and I liked the original Wonka movie so I'm looking forward to Burtons version as well!
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

Jives wrote: Note to Directors: Never remake a movie that has become a National Icon. No matter how you do it, it'll be compared to the original and usually unfavorably.

Everybody save your money and go see "War of the Worlds". Steven Spielburg never fails us!
Spielberg hasn't let me down before, but War of the Worlds was... well... not good. there I said it. Thoroughly unimpressive. I thought it was a real let-down. Now, Fantastic Four. That was FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

sorry, the comic book geek got loose for a moment.

Post by 911 »

Jives wrote: Note to Directors: Never remake a movie that has become a National Icon. No matter how you do it, it'll be compared to the original and usually unfavorably.

In my opinion all original movies are icons. You just can't beat them no matter how old they are. If they weren't any good in the first place they wouldn't remake them.

I just think that we have reached a plateau in the movie business when all they do are remakes, comic book movies and ten parts of one movie because the first one made an obscene amount of money. Hollywood has lost its imagination and courage and expertise. When it is easier to update a remake, well, that's just plain lazy!

:yh_sleep
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

i would love for hollywood to make a sequel to "The Princess Bride"

one of my all time favorites. it could be GREAT!

Post by 911 »

William Goldman (I think that's his name) author of the edited version Princess Bride was suppossed to write a sequel to the book called Buttercup's Baby. But I don't know if he ever did. There was some controversy over him writing a sequel. Most didn't want him to do it.

My favorite part of the book and movie was when the pirate had to match wits with the kidnapper by putting poison in the glasses and making him choose the correct glass. That makes me laugh every time I see it! :yh_ghost Excellent movie, it followed the book very well.
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

911 wrote: William Goldman (I think that's his name) author of the edited version Princess Bride was suppossed to write a sequel to the book called Buttercup's Baby. But I don't know if he ever did. There was some controversy over him writing a sequel. Most didn't want him to do it.

My favorite part of the book and movie was when the pirate had to match wits with the kidnapper by putting poison in the glasses and making him choose the correct glass. That makes me laugh every time I see it! :yh_ghost Excellent movie, it followed the book very well.
i feel like an idiot. i didn't even know that it was a book.

I will deffinately have to read it now.

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I also had a friend who say it this past weekend, she said it was excellent and not the dark story it has been getting press on.:D

I can't wait to see huge fan of Johnny Deep..!!;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Majenta

Post by Majenta »

TW2005 wrote: Don't forget about the movie he did with Penelope Cruz......BLOW

My favorite movie of all time.

Depp is my favorite actor and he can really do any role. I am quite surprised he took this movie though. I don't think it will be any good, it looks to fake ya know? Just a liitle toooooo far out there. I know thats what makes the original movie great but, this just looks like it;s pushing it to the extreme.

Also Chocolat was tremendous, outstanding film... and he looks as gorgeous as ever... ;)

can't say I was very impressed with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory though, I have come to expect more from Tim Burton, I was hoping it was gonna be quite dark and scary but it was a bit farcical in places. Oh well....
Majenta

Post by Majenta »

Wolverine wrote: i would love for hollywood to make a sequel to "The Princess Bride"

one of my all time favorites. it could be GREAT!

Aaaasssss yoooouuuuu wiiiiisssshhhhhh!!!!!!!!

:yh_rotfl
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

ive not see it but one of my good friends has and she said it was very good

very tim burton and very edward scissor hands....

thing is having seen the original im always sceptical about seeing the remake..... it bugs me that all these kids today think charlie and the chocolate factory is all about jonny depp and a new thing just for them...... hello its been around YEARS!
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”