American Civil War

capt_buzzard

American Civil War

Post by capt_buzzard »

While laying back off FG yesterday I watched two DVD's. 'Gods & Generals & Gettysburg. Truly two great movies. I even seen Tombstone in uniform.
Lon

American Civil War

Post by Lon »

I saw this program as well Cap. It was well done. That war is almost unbelieveable re: the carnage.
capt_buzzard

American Civil War

Post by capt_buzzard »

Lon wrote: I saw this program as well Cap. It was well done. That war is almost unbelieveable re: the carnage.Yep. I've got the DVD's 8 hours viewing.

re the carnage, and all those lives lost. For nothing. Is the US any better today?
gmc

American Civil War

Post by gmc »

If you get a chance get out a copy of Glory-it's an aspect of US history I was completely unaware of.
chonsigirl

American Civil War

Post by chonsigirl »

And if you're ever in the area, a trip to Gettysburg is an awesome experience. I went for the first time last year, and rewalking the areas where the battles were. I think of that everytime I play Gettysburg, the DVD.
capt_buzzard

American Civil War

Post by capt_buzzard »

gmc wrote: If you get a chance get out a copy of Glory-it's an aspect of US history I was completely unaware of.Thanks pal,
capt_buzzard

American Civil War

Post by capt_buzzard »

chonsigirl wrote: And if you're ever in the area, a trip to Gettysburg is an awesome experience. I went for the first time last year, and rewalking the areas where the battles were. I think of that everytime I play Gettysburg, the DVD.I'm waiting for a invite from G.W
john8pies

American Civil War

Post by john8pies »

Didn`t you feel similarly with the beginning of Saving Captain Ryan? All those innocents mercilessly lost, and still wars go on today. Yet, had it not been for their sacrifice, the whole of Europe could still be under Nazi domination
capt_buzzard

American Civil War

Post by capt_buzzard »

john8pies wrote: Didn`t you feel similarly with the beginning of Saving Captain Ryan? All those innocents mercilessly lost, and still wars go on today. Yet, had it not been for their sacrifice, the whole of Europe could still be under Nazi dominationThe whole of Europe will be under a new kind of Nazi before 2008
Jives

American Civil War

Post by Jives »

capt_buzzard wrote: Is the US any better today?

Yes, absolutely. I'm an expert on the Civil War...it's one of my hobbies. The main change after the Civil war was this:

We can no longer concieve of why such a war was even needed. That's a huge gain.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
capt_buzzard

American Civil War

Post by capt_buzzard »

Just being reading www.gettysburg.com

I've always had an interest here on the American Civil War

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”