Hail Caesar!

LarsMac

Hail Caesar!

Post by LarsMac »

Joel and Ethan Coen are among my favorite film directors. Their films are always entertaining, and slightly (at least) offbeat.

Their latest offering is a salute to the post war movie industry in California.

'Hail Caesar!' may not make quite as big a splash as 'Fargo', but it carries you into a world that is its equal in zany characters and goofy plot twists that will have you wondering, "What the hell is going on here?"

Josh Brolin is The Studio manager, Eddie Mannix, a solid manly sort whose biggest sin seems to be not being totally honest with his wife as he struggles over a decision to take a job offer that sounds too good to be true.

Alden Ehrenreich is Hoby Doyle, a fresh-faced cowboy actor, who gets his chance to be "the Hero"

George Clooney plays the aging Baird Whitlock, Iconic "Great Actor" at the pinnacle of his career.

Ralph Fiennes is Laurence Laurentz, the "Famous Director" struggling with the finer points of making the scene.

And a "Who's who" of Coen Bros regulars appear throughout the film in supporting roles.

And I'd be remiss to not mention Channing Tatum and his character Burt Gurney (and his dog) around whom much of the twisting plot spins.

This is a film worthy of your hard-earned entertainment dollar. And even worth springing for popcorn.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Snowfire

Hail Caesar!

Post by Snowfire »

Ive seen the trailer. I quite like the "what's going on here" and I love the Coen brothers, so I will watch this

One of my favourite films was Blood Simple
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Hail Caesar!

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1493042 wrote: One of my favourite films was Blood SimpleThough it was, you'll concede, unsavory. Not a film with which to entertain your granny.

I shall look forward to Hail Caesar! The Coens have never put a foot wrong as far as I'm concerned.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snowfire

Hail Caesar!

Post by Snowfire »

spot;1493076 wrote: Though it was, you'll concede, unsavory. Not a film with which to entertain your granny.

I shall look forward to Hail Caesar! The Coens have never put a foot wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Yes I would certainly agree with that.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
FourPart

Hail Caesar!

Post by FourPart »

I can never help but add the suffix "My Friend" to "Hail Caesar" (See "Carry On Cleo").
spot

Hail Caesar!

Post by spot »

Infamy!
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

Hail Caesar!

Post by FourPart »

spot;1493136 wrote: Infamy!
Quite.
spot

Hail Caesar!

Post by spot »

Cleo's more famous now than ever before, thanks to Mr Gatiss re-inventing Mrs Hudson.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”