Hello Norma Jeane Mortenson.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

I’m well aware that actors and actresses make their living by pretending to be other people. Having said that, there are a select few who made an impression both on and off screen.

In this regard Miss Monroe was in a class of her own.

This thread isn’t only dedicated to the memory of Marilyn Monroe; it is also a celebration of her life. Had she lived she would have worn out the red carpet in front of the Chinese Theatre and put up against any of the skeletal so called “Hollywood Icons” of today, Norma Jeane would have won hands down every time..
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Black & White Portrait of Marilyn Monroe at Home in 1953

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Norma Jeane 1947.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Monroe posing on a rooftop about three years before her rise to international stardom.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Sporting a two piece polka dot bathing suit and heels, January 1951.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

At the Ambassador hotel, preparing to see the play Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, March 1955.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

One of my favourite images of Marilyn ...

Marilyn The Last Photos by Allan Grant, 1962.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

And this is my favourite! Isn't she so beautiful!

Iconic Photo of Marilyn Monroe by George Barris.

along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Marilyn Monroe Quotes - BrainyQuote

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

along-for-the-ride;1436413 wrote: Marilyn Monroe Quotes - BrainyQuote

Thanks so much for this!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

I’ll never forget the day Marilyn and I were walking around New York City, just having a stroll on a nice day. She loved New York because no one bothered her there like they did in Hollywood, she could put on her plain-Jane clothes and no one would notice her. She loved that. So as we we’re walking down Broadway, she turns to me and says ‘Do you want to see me become her?’ I didn’t know what she meant but I just said ‘Yes’- and then I saw it.

I don’t know how to explain what she did because it was so very subtle, but she turned something on within herself that was almost like magic. And suddenly cars were slowing and people were turning their heads and stopping to stare. They were recognizing that this was Marilyn Monroe as if she pulled off a mask or something, even though a second ago nobody noticed her. I had never seen anything like it before.”

Amy Greene, wife of Marilyn’s personal photographer Milton Greene
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

"All little girls should be told they`re pretty, even if they aren`t."

~ Marilyn Monroe
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Marilyn Monroe in red sweater sitting in Feb 1955, shot by Milton H Greene.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

By Eve Arnolf 1955.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Some quotes by Marilyn ...

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

"A wise girl kisses but doesn’t love, listens but doesn’t believe, and leaves before she is left."

"I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love."

"I don't mind being burdened with being glamorous and sexual. Beauty and femininity are ageless and cant be contrived, and glamour, although the manufacturers won't like this, cannot be manufactured. Not real glamour; its based on femininity."

"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents."
tabby

Post by tabby »

Of all of the Marilyn photos you've posted here, JJ, I think my favorite so far is #11. Gorgeous! I don't think it was possible for her to have a bad photo!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

tabby;1436601 wrote: Of all of the Marilyn photos you've posted here, JJ, I think my favorite so far is #11. Gorgeous! I don't think it was possible for her to have a bad photo!

Right on Tabs!

She is so beautiful in that particular image! :-6
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

along-for-the-ride;1436413 wrote: Marilyn Monroe Quotes - BrainyQuote

My mum always said I was the spitting image of marilyn when I was younger. I can assure you though not anymore lol
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

fuzzywuzzy;1437077 wrote: My mum always said I was the spitting image of marilyn when I was younger. I can assure you though not anymore lol

I wouldn't say that Fuzz ... Last image I saw of you were a dead ringer for Norma Jeanne.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I don't think so deary but nice of you to say :)

Anyway what's with all the nostalgic stuff?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

fuzzywuzzy;1437117 wrote: I don't think so deary but nice of you to say :)

Anyway what's with all the nostalgic stuff?

Its me Fuzz ... I'm a Retronaut. Can't help myself I guess. Probably because in my life prior to this one I lived during the 1920s, 30s and for the first few years of World War Two.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

How do you know you lived a prior life?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

fuzzywuzzy;1437120 wrote: How do you know you lived a prior life?

Well, its firstly that I am rather uncomfortable in this century and almost everything about life on this planet today irks, annoys and often disgusts me. And when I hear music from the 20s and 30s I get such a serious feeling of déjà vu ... same goes for photos and images of the period. Also that my interest in the 20th C ends about 1942. Other than that its just like a gut feeling ... hard to explain.

Perhaps you've read a post I made of FG a while back called "On Leaving & Arriving -

A2A "... If you can't find it gimme a shout and I'll pm it to you.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

No that's okay. I just like the photography. :)
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

fuzzywuzzy;1437126 wrote: No that's okay. I just like the photography. :)

Excellent ... me too :-6
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Norma Jean, being Marilyn:

The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

LarsMac;1437166 wrote: Norma Jean, being Marilyn:

No doubt!

The one ... the only ... Norma Jeane aka Marilyn ... :-4 :-4 :-4

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”