The Great Gatsby 2013.

jones jones

The Great Gatsby 2013.

Post by jones jones »

I really really enjoyed the film version starring Robert Redford & Mia Farrow.

But this: Jay-Z served as an executive producer for both the album and the film. He and film director Baz Luhrmann worked together for two years, "translating the Jazz Age sensibility of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel into the musical equivalents of our own times, through the blending of hip-hop, traditional jazz and other contemporary musical textures".

Why for God's sake? In my wildest dreams I could never ever have imagined hip-hop being in any way at all appropriate in a film based on a novel written in 1925.

Having Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio in the lead role was bad enough ....
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
along-for-the-ride

The Great Gatsby 2013.

Post by along-for-the-ride »

It is an unusual interpretation of the Jazz Age.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
jones jones

The Great Gatsby 2013.

Post by jones jones »

Unusual is kind hon ...

Crap comes to mind with me.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
AnneBoleyn

The Great Gatsby 2013.

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I recently learned there is a movie version of Gatsby made in 1949 starring Alan Ladd. I saw a clip of it, what a pip! Runyonesque! However, for me no movie version can better the book.
jones jones

The Great Gatsby 2013.

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1431044 wrote: I recently learned there is a movie version of Gatsby made in 1949 starring Alan Ladd. I saw a clip of it, what a pip! Runyonesque! However, for me no movie version can better the book.

I never knew that Annie ... Yeah the book is awesome!

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”