Deadly Crossing with Steven Seagal

FrankieFurter

Post by FrankieFurter »

Anyone else see this movie yet? It's Seagal's newest. Seagal was HUGE in the 90's and 80's but hasn't done much lately. I like his True Justice show but I don't love it. I have to say though, this movie is awesome. It takes me back to his earlier work like Under Siege and On Deadly Ground. It's definitely worth checking out for the aikido moves alone. I recommend it for fans of 90's action movies. I could only find it at Red Box though.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Steven Segal movies. Completely one dimensional. Seen one, you've seen them all
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
FrankieFurter

Post by FrankieFurter »

Even if that were true, seeing the first one is still awesome :) No action fan can not say that Under Siege is at least good...if not awesome. Deadly Crossing is one of the best action movies in since 2000. I'm telling you, you're missing out of a classic!
Lon

Post by Lon »

FrankieFurter;1428127 wrote: Anyone else see this movie yet? It's Seagal's newest. Seagal was HUGE in the 90's and 80's but hasn't done much lately. I like his True Justice show but I don't love it. I have to say though, this movie is awesome. It takes me back to his earlier work like Under Siege and On Deadly Ground. It's definitely worth checking out for the aikido moves alone. I recommend it for fans of 90's action movies. I could only find it at Red Box though.

Seagal is now 91 years old (just kidding---51) could have passed his peak.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I like the one where he's a cook on the Navy ship... I can never remember the names of his movies.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Lon;1428143 wrote: Seagal is now 91 years old (just kidding---51) could have passed his peak.

He's 61.
FrankieFurter

Post by FrankieFurter »

SnoozeAgain;1428146 wrote: I like the one where he's a cook on the Navy ship... I can never remember the names of his movies.

You're thinking of Under Siege - which is a classic action movie and is totally awesome. But, I'm telling you, his new movie Deadly Crossing is almost as good...it's the best action stuff I've seen in a long time. Reminds me of Under Siege.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I was going to suggest synonyms for awesome but I thought that might be rude. ;-)
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Seagal might be the least meaningful, most insignificant actor of all time. Nothing the man has been in is worth a sh!t. What does that say about me having actually watched some of his smut. Charles Bronson, Chuck Norris and Sylvester Stallone are not that far behind. Schwarzenegger too.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I like Ahnold Schwarzenegger.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Isn't "Deadly Crossing" the first episode of a TV Series called "True Justice"?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Lon;1428217 wrote: Isn't "Deadly Crossing" the first episode of a TV Series called "True Justice"?

You are smart Lon.

"Just when you think Steven Seagal has plumbed the depths of his vocabulary, he comes up with another brilliant title for one of his projects. Having already released Out For Justice, Urban Justice and Mercenary For Justice on DVD, he now brings us True Justice, out March 19th from Alliance Films.

True Justice is not actually a Seagal movie, but rather a TV cop show that has been released in many countries around the world and eventually meandered its way to Canada under the title Deadly Crossing. I believe this is the first two episodes for the show, which put together come out to about 90 minutes, so it’s basically a movie"

Eric’s Cynical Cinema – True Justice: Deadly Crossing | CHEZ106
Lon

Post by Lon »

Ah yes-----Charles Bronson----I did like his first "Death Wish" flick. A AWESOME and intellectually challenging movie. :wah: I love retribution.
FrankieFurter

Post by FrankieFurter »

AnneBoleyn;1428219 wrote: You are smart Lon.

"Just when you think Steven Seagal has plumbed the depths of his vocabulary, he comes up with another brilliant title for one of his projects. Having already released Out For Justice, Urban Justice and Mercenary For Justice on DVD, he now brings us True Justice, out March 19th from Alliance Films.

True Justice is not actually a Seagal movie, but rather a TV cop show that has been released in many countries around the world and eventually meandered its way to Canada under the title Deadly Crossing. I believe this is the first two episodes for the show, which put together come out to about 90 minutes, so it�s basically a movie"

Eric’s Cynical Cinema – True Justice: Deadly Crossing | CHEZ106

Wrong! Deadly Crossing - the American release that just came out on red box does indeed have lots of new footage of Elijah Kane kicking butt. It's a movie based on the first 2 episodes of the tv show. So if you even remotely like the tv show, you'll really like the movie.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”