Watched The Hobbit Today ...

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

... in 3D.

Three hours of it ... way too long. People falling down mountains, down cliffs, down holes, off trees, off battlements. Too boring for words.

Special effects super! But the movie? Well I won't be watching the next two, that's for sure!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I heard a similar review. I must say that is disappointing news.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I've heard the same. LOTR was incredibly long as well but at least there was the excuse of it being a series. The Hobbit is just one book.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1412915 wrote: I heard a similar review. I must say that is disappointing news.

Yeah I was soooooooooooooo disappointed! It was like they had to sort of introduce every character afresh cos there are, I suppose many kids who don't know zilch about The Lord Of The Rings.

So there was like a thing on Bilbo Baggins, then Galdorf, the dwarves, then the Orcs, next the Elves, the goblins, a long boring drawn out scene to introduce Gollum, then Bilbo found the ring and more and more falling down stuff!

After two hours I was yawning!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

And I forgot to mention the Trolls!!!
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Wasn't the dragon Smaug cool? I guess I'll buy the DVD and watch it like a mini-series...one hour at a time.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I read the book in less time.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”