The avengers

flopstock

The avengers

Post by flopstock »

Rented this movie last night to watch today. Has anyone seen it?

So far I'm not too impressed.

And why are these movies always so dark?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snowfire

The avengers

Post by Snowfire »

I downloaded it a few weeks ago but I'm sorry to say I nodded off before any good bits so I can't offer any review. I ought to get back to finish it but I always seem to watch something else.

Hopeless I am

I did watch Men in Black III which I thought was good fun. Well done with some good humour
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Snooz

The avengers

Post by Snooz »

Terribly overrated but I still enjoyed parts of it. The Hulk punching Thor and then ragdolling Loki was fun.
flopstock

The avengers

Post by flopstock »

Well, I had just got to the part where the girl knocks sense into her boyfriend when I had to go get little one from school. Now we have started it over so it's not ruined for her...lol
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

koan

The avengers

Post by koan »

I want to watch Avengers at some point. It's co-written by Joss Whedon of Buffy The Vampire Slayer fame. I wouldn't mind seeing how he handles working with superheroes/villains that he didn't create himself. He also co-wrote Cabin In The Woods which was released at pretty much the same time as Avengers. I probably didn't see either in the theatre because I don't go to the theatre often and didn't want to decide which to see. In Cabin he works all the horror genre clichés into the storyline but does it in a way that you can't see the twist coming at the end. I expect the horror film is more true to Whedon's style.

Iron Man is the only comic book based film that I've enjoyed watching, and even then, part 2 was a let down. Robert Downey Jr being in this makes it more interesting as a comparison to the other films with him in the same role. And I'm interested in following Joss Whedon's career. Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, a fun project during a writers' strike, was hilarious at the start but lost momentum.
flopstock

The avengers

Post by flopstock »

Okay, liked iron man better. Liked Thor better. But this was not bad.

Liked Snow White and the huntsman better.

Deon095

The avengers

Post by Deon095 »

Hi,

Produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures and based on the Marvel comics superhero team , The Avengers is an American superhero movie.
Snowfire

The avengers

Post by Snowfire »

Deon095;1409916 wrote: Hi,

Produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures and based on the Marvel comics superhero team , The Avengers is an American superhero movie.

Ah ! Thats where we were all confused. *slaps forehead* Glad you cleared that up for us.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Randolph

The avengers

Post by Randolph »

Marvel's The Avengers, or simply The Avengers, is a 2012 American superhero film produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name.
Snooz

The avengers

Post by Snooz »

Is there another The Avengers that has Thor, Loki and The Hulk in it? Why are you trying to clarify something that we obviously already know?
flopstock

The avengers

Post by flopstock »

flopstock;1407709 wrote: Okay, liked iron man better. Liked Thor better. But this was not bad.

Liked Snow White and the huntsman better.

How bizarre. I could tell you what happens in both Iron Man and Thor, but not the Huntsman movie.

It must have been cotton candy..:thinking:

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”