Dark knight

flopstock

Dark knight

Post by flopstock »

Went and saw this yesterday afternoon.

it was bit too long for my taste and it was completely predictable

Cat woman actress was pretty good
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snooz

Dark knight

Post by Snooz »

I haven't seen it yet. I barely remember the other two in the trilogy, this isn't exactly must-see for me.
AnneBoleyn

Dark knight

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I saw it; I liked it. One big reservation -- the sound was terrible. Way too loud, & the dialogue was too low, especially when you consider all the whispering Batman does. I went soon after the shooting, & there were cop cars which hung around for all shows. I think the last Batman was by far the best of the three. I would recommend this movie, I had fun. (As well as too much popcorn)
Accountable

Dark knight

Post by Accountable »

What?? Who can afford the popcorn nowadays? Did they at least pop it on site?
flopstock

Dark knight

Post by flopstock »

AnneBoleyn;1399549 wrote: I saw it; I liked it. One big reservation -- the sound was terrible. Way too loud, & the dialogue was too low, especially when you consider all the whispering Batman does. I went soon after the shooting, & there were cop cars which hung around for all shows. I think the last Batman was by far the best of the three. I would recommend this movie, I had fun. (As well as too much popcorn)
I agree. I sat there wondering what idiot made a bad guy with that many lines wearing muffling head gear?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Dark knight

Post by flopstock »

SnoozeAgain;1399547 wrote: I haven't seen it yet. I barely remember the other two in the trilogy, this isn't exactly must-see for me.
My batman was Michael Keaton.

flopstock

Dark knight

Post by flopstock »

Accountable;1399553 wrote: What?? Who can afford the popcorn nowadays? Did they at least pop it on site?

Popcorn is just not as good as when I was young. Sad but true fact.

Snooz

Dark knight

Post by Snooz »

flopstock;1399557 wrote: My batman was Michael Keaton.

Me too! I thought he was a dork the first time I saw him in a movie, but I thought he was sexy as hell as Batman. That franchise really got stomped into the ground after he left.
AnneBoleyn

Dark knight

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Accountable;1399553 wrote: What?? Who can afford the popcorn nowadays? Did they at least pop it on site?
Well, I sure can't! My son treated me, and yes, they pop on site.
AnneBoleyn

Dark knight

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I also think Michael Keaton was the best Batman, and altho I thought Heath Ledger was great as the Joker, Jack Nicholson can't be beat.
flopstock

Dark knight

Post by flopstock »

Maybe we should start a movement for a Michael Keaton Batman Returns movie. Perhaps his fans should have revolted at the time he was dropped.

AnneBoleyn

Dark knight

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Keaton wasn't dropped, was he? I think he quit on his own.
littleCJelkton

Dark knight

Post by littleCJelkton »

Went to see it the other day and didn't like it at all as it completely changed what is supposed to be bane, catwoman, batman, robin, and alfred. They like hijacked the dc characters I like and just fit them in to tell their own story which is an o.k story but this could have been told with any generic characters they didn't have to steal the batman ones
chonsigirl

Dark knight

Post by chonsigirl »

flopstock;1399557 wrote: My batman was Michael Keaton.

Ghads, remember Adam West?
spot

Dark knight

Post by spot »

chonsigirl;1399648 wrote: Ghads, remember Adam West?

Don't ever let anyone tell you local noontime television news interviews have gone downhill over the years... Jean Boone - Interview with Cast of Batman, The Movie (1966) - TAMI

Back in a minute, I need to rinse my head...
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

Dark knight

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Holy trampoline that's a jump! But yes, I do, & he is the only one I would ask for help......"Holy strawberries Batman, I'm in a jam!"
flopstock

Dark knight

Post by flopstock »

I do! lol

littleCJelkton

Dark knight

Post by littleCJelkton »

I remember watching the reruns of the same bat time same bat channel adam west batman, but my most memorable character has to be Mark Hamil's Joker

Snooz

Dark knight

Post by Snooz »

AnneBoleyn;1399572 wrote: Keaton wasn't dropped, was he? I think he quit on his own.

I'm having trouble finding out what exactly happened but I think I remember that the studio wanted to go with another director besides Burton anyway.

Here's an interesting quote that sounds like Keaton got dumped as well:

“I never saw the other ones [in the 1990s] but I saw most of the one that starred Heath Ledger which, if you ask me, is off-the-charts. Amazing stuff. The whole thing was great, everyone involved is great. That approach and that tone is exactly what I wanted to do with the third film when we first talked about it. I really believed that Batman had the potential to be one of the coolest guys in cinema. I wanted to go back and remind people of where this character came from. I wanted to go darker with him but the people involved int he decisions weren’t going to go for that. By that time, it was a huge, rolling machine and it was going to go on either with or without me. As I heard what they wanted I knew, honestly, that I just didn’t know how to do that thing that they wanted. I didn’t know how to do it, literally, and in the end I couldn’t. I would have been horrible.”

‘Batman’: Michael Keaton on ‘The Dark Knight’ — and a lost scene from 1989 film | Hero Complex – movies, comics, fanboy fare – latimes.com

But then maybe he was getting sick of it, he sounds like an actor that wants to act, not be a 'movie star' in a franchise:

“Batman Returns” (1992): The return to Gotham City, although the massive franchise would move on without Keaton and Burton after this sequel. “We got to be back home [filming in Burbank] so that made me happy. It was quite the cast with Michelle Pfeiffer and Danny DeVito and everyone. It wasn’t as satisfying to me when I saw it, but maybe that’s because the bar was set so high on the first one. I think I only watched it one time. I knew we were in trouble in talks for the third one when certain people started the conversation with ‘Why does it have to be so dark?’ ‘Why does he have to be so depressed?’ ‘Shouldn’t there be more color in this thing?’ I knew I was headed for trouble and that it wasn’t a road I was going to go down.”

Michael Keaton’s dark memories of ‘Batman’ and shining love for ‘Beetlejuice’ | Hero Complex – movies, comics, fanboy fare – latimes.com

That's a good looking man.

spot

Dark knight

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1399712 wrote: That's a good looking man.
For four foot ten, maybe.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Dark knight

Post by Snooz »

He's probably not much more than an inch shorter than my 5'9"... I'd be willing to overlook that.
spot

Dark knight

Post by spot »

Maybe he could wear Cubans.

Are you allowed to call them Cubans?
flopstock

Dark knight

Post by flopstock »

SnoozeAgain;1399712 wrote: I'm having trouble finding out what exactly happened but I think I remember that the studio wanted to go with another director besides Burton anyway.

Here's an interesting quote that sounds like Keaton got dumped as well:

But then maybe he was getting sick of it, he sounds like an actor that wants to act, not be a 'movie star' in a franchise:

That's a good looking man.

He's manly looking, without trying.

spot

Dark knight

Post by spot »

flopstock;1399726 wrote: He's manly looking, without trying.

Yes, but how big is his danda?
littleCJelkton

Dark knight

Post by littleCJelkton »

spot;1399713 wrote: For four foot ten, maybe.

Why is this FG so Hieghtist????
YZGI

Dark knight

Post by YZGI »

littleCJelkton;1399896 wrote: Why is this FG so Hieghtist????

Spot just likes to point out people shorter than himself.
littleCJelkton

Dark knight

Post by littleCJelkton »

YZGI;1399910 wrote: Spot just likes to point out people shorter than himself.

Maybe but spot is not the only I know of to point out (conscious of it or not) that shorter people (particularly males) are for some reason less capable, handsome, smart, strong, mature, etc..., for no other reason than height.
Snooz

Dark knight

Post by Snooz »

The only actors shorter than spot are Danny Devito and Peter Dinklage.
littleCJelkton

Dark knight

Post by littleCJelkton »

Yeah short actors are routinely given the short comic sidekick or the Hitler-Napolean like villain bit, and since when is 5'10" considered short?

spot

Dark knight

Post by spot »

littleCJelkton;1399958 wrote: Maybe but spot is not the only I know of to point out (conscious of it or not) that shorter people (particularly males) are for some reason less capable, handsome, smart, strong, mature, etc..., for no other reason than height.

I should not have been so crass, insensitive or silly. In relation to Mr Keaton I'm merely unimpressed with him as an actor. Peter Dinklage on the other hand has - see how even the language imposes the stereotypes - grown over the last few years into one of the best actors of his time. Either in dark Loot-style comedy like Death At A Funeral or as Tyrion Lannister he's mesmerising.
YZGI

Dark knight

Post by YZGI »

spot;1400052 wrote: I should not have been so crass, insensitive or silly. In relation to Mr Keaton I'm merely unimpressed with him as an actor. Peter Dinklage on the other hand has - see how even the language imposes the stereotypes - grown over the last few years into one of the best actors of his time. Either in dark Loot-style comedy like Death At A Funeral or as Tyrion Lannister he's mesmerising.

He is good, I like him too. He makes me laugh as Imp.
Deon095

Dark knight

Post by Deon095 »

Produced and co-written by Christopher Nolan and based on the DC Comic character Batman, "The Dark Knight" is an excellent movie to watch.
FrankieFurter

Dark knight

Post by FrankieFurter »

dark knight rises sucks...dark knight was awesome though.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”