Spider (2002)

theia

Spider (2002)

Post by theia »

A really unsettling film to watch but what an incredible performance by Ralph Fiennes.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
K.Snyder

Spider (2002)

Post by K.Snyder »

I've just added it to my Blockbuster home movie que, it sounds good. The more disturbing the better!

:yh_bigsmi
theia

Spider (2002)

Post by theia »

K.Snyder;1392260 wrote: I've just added it to my Blockbuster home movie que, it sounds good. The more disturbing the better!

:yh_bigsmi

Let me know what you think of it, Kevin. I recorded it from Film4 a week or so ago and watched it today.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
tabby

Spider (2002)

Post by tabby »

I saw "Spider" when it first came out and I remember enjoying it although I can't remember specifics at this point. Any movie with both Ralph Fiennes & Gabriel Byrne has to be a winner! :)
K.Snyder

Spider (2002)

Post by K.Snyder »

theia;1392255 wrote: A really unsettling film to watch but what an incredible performance by Ralph Fiennes.I do apologize for the long wait but others seemed to have ordered the film before I did.

Ok, strictly speaking in terms of actor performance I'd say that all of the actors are very good in this film. Maranda Richardson was great as was Ralph. I think the movie was well done and the actors were great given the financial problems it had.

I will say that because the story is such a subjective portrayal of the main characters illness that I personally feel the film lacked a satisfying climax.

In regards to Ralph, yes he did a fantastic job and so long as we're giving honorable mentions Maranda's performance(s) are not to be left unspoken.
Deon095

Spider (2002)

Post by Deon095 »

Hello,

Produced and directed by David Cronenberg and based on the novel of the same name , Spider is a canadian/British thriller of the year 2002.

Thanks

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”