Wrath of the Titans

rajakrsna

Wrath of the Titans

Post by rajakrsna »

Saw this movie,too. Perseus & Pegasus the heroes in the movie. Cronus the father of Zeus & Hades. The latter banished by the former & wanted revenge. This guy Ares, the god of war envied Perseus for being the son Zeus whose mother was human. I wonder why being human with godly qualities always prevail in any situation against the immortals. Reminds me of Christ Jesus-half man half god prevailing over the non-believers. How I love this movie.

Wrath of the Titans Official Trailer #1 - Sam Worthington Movie (2012) HD - YouTube
Om namo bagavate vasudevaya, " God is the Cause of All causes."
Ahso!

Wrath of the Titans

Post by Ahso! »

Is this another good vs evil story?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Wrath of the Titans

Post by Ahso! »

Yup! You're a fan of Liam Neeson I see. I recently read a funny write up on him, I'll see if I can find it.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snooz

Wrath of the Titans

Post by Snooz »

Not too many adventure movies aren't good versus evil. Are you implying this is another political statement?
Ahso!

Wrath of the Titans

Post by Ahso! »

I'm saying the stories we tell ourselves (in)forms us. You know: garbage in - garbage out. The mind interprets what it sees and internalizes the world it perceives.

This is news to you?

If one craves adventure go skydiving or rafting or mountain climbing rather than sit and watch (or read) others live it in a fairy tale setting with invented fears of other living beings. It's dumb.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snooz

Wrath of the Titans

Post by Snooz »

I don't care to place myself in danger by doing any of the things you suggested but I enjoy taking 90 minutes to watch someone else do it if there's an interesting story to go along with it. What's dumb about that?
Ahso!

Wrath of the Titans

Post by Ahso! »

SnoozeAgain;1392068 wrote: I don't care to place myself in danger by doing any of the things you suggested but I enjoy taking 90 minutes to watch someone else do it if there's an interesting story to go along with it. What's dumb about that?That's too bad for you. I've already answered your question in the first half of my previous post.

Read or watch something that the mind can appreciate instead of exploiting it like a toy.

I don't have a problem with watching or reading material that causes internal debate on morality through storytelling, but most of the sh!t in the theaters is, well, sh!t. These types of storytellers only wish to manipulate senses and emotions or influence opinion through propaganda.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snooz

Wrath of the Titans

Post by Snooz »

The Kinks - Destroyer (1981)_HQ - YouTube

Shakespeare wasn't considered high literature in his own day and if he were writing today, you'd no doubt call his plays trash as well. It's a matter of opinion and I happen to disagree with yours.
Ahso!

Wrath of the Titans

Post by Ahso! »

SnoozeAgain;1392072 wrote: Shakespeare wasn't considered high literature in his own day and if he were writing today, you'd no doubt call his plays trash as well. It's a matter of opinion and I happen to disagree with yours.Do you feel better now that you've openly declared that?

What exactly is it I've said that you disagree with?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Wrath of the Titans

Post by Ahso! »

Ahso!;1392054 wrote: Yup! You're a fan of Liam Neeson I see. I recently read a funny write up on him, I'll see if I can find it.Stumbled across that writeup. It was a movie review of The Grey on Mother Jones. The review contains quite a few funny quips about Neeson. Here's one.

There's no easier way to get a movie made in Hollywood than to walk into a room full of studio executives and say these 16 magic words: "Two straight hours of Liam Neeson fighting wild animals to the death with his bare hands."
"The Grey": So Much More Than Liam Neeson Brutalizing Wolves | Mother Jones

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Clodhopper

Wrath of the Titans

Post by Clodhopper »

Good vs evil is always a good story. Haven't seen the Titan films myself, but know the Greek myths and those tend to be more along the lines of the gods are capricious at best and often downright nasty. Don't mess.

Have to admit a weakness for big bangs and primary colours in films. I'm there for cheap gratification, not deep thought. But that's just me. :)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”