Babel

theia

Babel

Post by theia »

Possibly one of the most beautiful and haunting films I have ever seen...
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Babel

Post by spot »

Though unremittingly miserable, I thought. But well made and very prettily photographed and believable.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Babel

Post by koan »

Hadn't heard of it. Looks interesting. Thanks :)
theia

Babel

Post by theia »

koan;1384388 wrote: Hadn't heard of it. Looks interesting. Thanks :)

It was on Channel 4 recently and I recorded it. Spot is right, it wasn't a barrel of laughs but it really moved me and brought me back to thinking about us all as human beings who struggle through.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Snooz

Babel

Post by Snooz »

It reminded me a great deal of "Crash" although not as heavy handed. I wasn't too thrilled with the Japanese story, I thought it was sort of sensationalistic and the Mexican one was just silly.

Sorry Theia.
theia

Babel

Post by theia »

SnoozeAgain;1384391 wrote: It reminded me a great deal of "Crash" although not as heavy handed. I wasn't too thrilled with the Japanese story, I thought it was sort of sensationalistic and the Mexican one was just silly.

Sorry Theia.

I've only started watching films over the past few months and so don't have many to compare it with and I haven't seen Crash. I have to admit that I loved the Japanese scenes and I was awe of the love the mexican woman showed to the children in her care. But the more films I watch, maybe there will be ones to beat Babel

So any suggestions for any films that will totally absorb my interest? I've watched a lot, which were non-starters for me
Snooz

Babel

Post by Snooz »

This might be a little too violent for you but I thought "Winter's Bone" was wonderful.

Winter's Bone (2010) - IMDb

It's an interesting look at a part of the US that usually isn't in films.
theia

Babel

Post by theia »

Looks like the type of film i could enjoy...but i'll have to wait for a network showing

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”