Best and worst of the Holiday Movies

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Do you have favorite holiday movie actors? Any that just about put you off the season entirely when you saw them butcher a role?

Jimmy Stewert in It's a Wonderful Life is one of my favorites, Marlo Thomas in the same role, not so much.

I won't tip my hand at this point as to who I think gave us the best Scrooge.:lips:

If I don't count the animated versions, I think think I'd have to pick any of the musical versions of the same character.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

the grumps

Post by the grumps »

reg varney , bob grant, stephen lewis HOLIDAY ON THE BUSES

AA grumpy
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

the grumps;1379323 wrote: reg varney , bob grant, stephen lewis HOLIDAY ON THE BUSES

AA grumpy

best or worst?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

tabby

Post by tabby »

My three favorites are:

"Christmas in Connecticut" (the original version with Barbara Stanwyck)

"The Bishop's Wife" (the original version with Cary Grant)

"Babes in Toyland" (Laurel & Hardy)

I can't think of any that I really disliked ... if I don't enjoy a movie, I don't finish watching it and it probably wouldn't stick with me in memory. There are a lot of very sappy movies on tv around this time of year!

Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Bad Santa's one of my favorites. I think I'll get a little tipsy and watch it again this year.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Reginald Owen's Scrooge is the Standard, for me. Though, George C Scott did a good job in a made-for-TV version in 1984.

Patrick Stewart did a passable job, but he was not really up to the task.

F Murray Abraham was delightful in the Broadway production of the Musical.

I make it a point to watch the 1938 version with Owen every year.

I didn't really care for the most recent Animated Disney thing that came out in 2009.

Apologies to Jim Carey, It just didn't work for me.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I hate Elf

Hate HATE HATE!

tabby

Post by tabby »

lol ... I liked "Elf"!! I even bought the cheerful CD afterwards ...
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

It's a Wondeful life is by far my favorite. Holiday Inn is my wifes favorite, (I like it better than the sequel "White Christmas".
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

The daughter saw Christmas Vacation the other day, for the first time. She was laughing out loud.

Snooz

Post by Snooz »

flopstock;1379444 wrote: The daughter saw Christmas Vacation the other day, for the first time. She was laughing out loud.

My favorite scene: Christmas Vacation (10/10) Movie CLIP - Squirrel! (1989) HD - YouTube

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”