Emma Watson, Hermione in Harry Potter film is going back to school!

Andra09

Post by Andra09 »

Hermione of Harry Potter which is Emma Watson in real life decided to go back to school and finish her College degree. After giving her best shot to Harry Potter's movie, now it's time for her to think about its education's future as well.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Well good for her.

(Hello and welcome Andra09, since I see this is your first post.)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
spot

Post by spot »

This might be an opportunity to discuss the extent to which an actor might reasonably expect to separate their public and private life. I can see no reason why the choice being discussed shouldn't be private if the person concerned wants it to be, but current practice prevents such an option being even considered. Should it not be an option?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Well, I would say that a big bit of the problem we currently have is confusion about what the "public interest" is.

What it means to me is something that is in the interest of the public in the sense that it is good for the people of this country. It does not mean that an individual member of the public has a right to know anything about the private life of another member of the public just because they are curious. The grey area is when someone has a position where their personal morality is relevant to their ability to do their job properly. My view is that means politicians having affairs, or arbiters of public morality, are things we should know about in order to make informed choices about who we elect: In other words it IS in the public interest.

Ms Watson is talking about this openly, I gather, so no prob. But let's assume that it was a snippet of info obtained by hacking a voicemail: publication would not be in the public interest as I see it because it is not directly relevant to our ability to make choices about what is best for the country.

Whistleblowing should have a public interest defence; gossip should not.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”