Crash

Lon

Crash

Post by Lon »

What a super film!!! Saw this movie today, dealing with racism. Really great editing and scripting. Everyone will see a bit of themselves in this film
john8pies

Crash

Post by john8pies »

Haven`t seen it yet, but have read about it. looking forward to it after your recommendation
saz_05

Crash

Post by saz_05 »

Erm, I don't think I'm thinking of the same Crash...

I saw a film called Crash last year whilest studying media...

It wasnt very nice at all, had been banned for a while due to its explicit content...I found it disturbing

About a group of people who just crashed cars for fun, a bit sadistic and twisted if you ask me

There was one very twisted scene where a man appeared to be making love to a leg wound his female friend had...

Of course I could have the wrong film in mind

:confused:
pina

Crash

Post by pina »

The film sounds really !!!SICK!!! I for one wont be watching it, and hopefully there isn't part of me in it.

BTS

Crash

Post by BTS »

saz_05 wrote: Erm, I don't think I'm thinking of the same Crash...

It wasnt very nice at all, had been banned for a while due to its explicit content...I found it disturbing

About a group of people who just crashed cars for fun, a bit sadistic and twisted if you ask me

There was one very twisted scene where a man appeared to be making love to a leg wound his female friend had...

:confused:You do .........here is a review from http://www.blackamericaweb.com :

Commentary: ‘Crash’ Explores How Race and Racism Continue to Color and Taint Us

Date: Monday, May 23, 2005

By: David Person, BlackAmericaWeb.com

Everybody in the United States needs to see “Crash,” the movie with an amazing ensemble cast which includes Don Cheadle (who also is one of its producers), Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Ryan Phillippe, Terence Howard, Thandie Newton, Jennifer Esposito, Brendan Fraser, Larenz Tate and rapper Ludacris, whose given name is Chris Bridges.

It may well be one of the most meaningful cinematic discussions of race ever filmed. And if there is one thing we need in this nation, it’s a productive conversation about race.

When it comes to race and racism, we do a lot of preaching to the choir and finger-pointing. We often fall back on convenient stereotypes and well-worn accusations. But we don’t often get together to honestly listen to, explore and confront different viewpoints.

“Crash” does that by taking us into the lives of the black homicide detective (Cheadle) who is sleeping with his Hispanic partner (Esposito); two black carjackers, one who is a bona fide black militant (Ludacris) and the other who is moderate and more tolerant (Tate); the ambitious, politically-correct white district attorney (Fraser) and his pampered, bigoted white wife (Bullock); the black television director (Howard) who has been emasculated by his drive to assimilate and his opinionated, privileged wife (Newton); and an openly racist white cop (Dillon), his younger, more tolerant white partner (Phillippe) and the black lieutenant to whom they both answer (Keith David).

Throw in a hardworking Hispanic locksmith (Michael Pena) who is assumed to be a gang banger, an angry Iranian store owner (Shaun Toub) who snaps, a bigoted big-time actor (Tony Danza) and a Korean man (Art Chudabala) who smuggles Cambodians for profit and “Crash” becomes a chilling diagnosis of our racist-infected melting pot.

This film correctly concludes that it’s not always easy to spot the bad guy in American race relations.

Sure, it once was very easy. It was the Native people vs. the whites who stole their land, the Africans vs. the whites who enslaved them, etc.

But history continues to reveal that the bad guys don’t all look alike. Not all whites hated native people. Not all supported the enslavement of Africans. And some actually put their lives on the line to oppose racism – with some actually losing their lives.

Naturally, it follows that the good guys don’t always look alike either. We blacks know that some of our own sell out our people, as I’m sure our Native brothers and sisters can also say.

Some brothers and sisters with means pimp those who are poor or look down on those who are less accomplished or not as assimilated. Some even adopt the language of oppression, labeling us niggers as easily as some whites have.

Race and racism aren’t just about who “the white man” is trying to oppress anymore. Sure, “the white man” -– like there’s just one? -– is still doing his dirt. But so are “the white woman,” “the black man,” “the black woman,” and the men and women of many other racial and ethnic backgrounds.

And this is what “Crash” looks at: the many ways that race and racism continue to color and taint our society as more of us who have prospered use our slivers of power to enforce our own biases.

This is not to revise history. The bigotry of today’s blacks, Koreans, Iranians or even whites has yet even to come close to inflicting the damage of the slavery, land theft, segregation and lynching past generations of whites are guilty of, but it is still wrong. And it can still lead to injustice, maybe even death.

“Crash” confronts all stripes of racism head-on, challenging our assumptions and stereotypes, inviting all of us to question our fears and renounce them.

And after hearing black people call Arabs and Muslims “rag heads” after the 9-11 terrorist attacks, I’m convinced we all could use a little challenging on the race question.

http://www.blackamericaweb.com/site.asp ... /person524
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Wolverine

Crash

Post by Wolverine »

saz_05 wrote: Erm, I don't think I'm thinking of the same Crash...

:confused:
That's the one that came it my mind. Rosanna Arquet, and the guy from sex,lies,videotape and Holly Hunter That is one F'd up movie.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”