koan

2010/11 Oscars

Post by koan »

Anyone else watch it?

Highlights:

Melissa Leo was the first Oscar winner to use the F word

Kirk Douglas was hilarious as a presenter

The hosts sucked chili balls

The Kings Speech won four of the major awards. Best Picture, Actor, Director, Original Screenplay

I also was rather pleased that Natalie Portman won Best Actress for Black Swan.

Extremely pleased that Trent Reznor won for Best Original Score.

I was disappointed that Best Original Song didn't go to "If I Rise" performed brilliantly by Florence Welch and A.R. Rahman at the ceremony. Randy Newman just didn't need another Oscar for a song that sounds pretty much like the last Toy Story theme song.
CARLA

2010/11 Oscars

Post by CARLA »

I agree with all your observations Koan. I only watch pieces of it I can't take the whole show. Far as I can tell James Fanko checked out about half way and it showed. They need to bring back the comedian's they know how to entertain.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

2010/11 Oscars

Post by spot »

Given the alternative of euthanizing a hundred lab rats with dry ice, I'd settle for that.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

2010/11 Oscars

Post by koan »

But there's no laugh track.
along-for-the-ride

2010/11 Oscars

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I just watch some of the highlights the next day.

Here's some history of the ceremony and of motion pictures:

Academy Awards® - The Oscars
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
ZAP

2010/11 Oscars

Post by ZAP »

I was in Hollywood at the Kodak, the day before the Oscar ceremony. It was interesting to see all the prep and hype and security for it and to talk to some of the shop keepers. They were taping some interviews with news people and I video taped some of it. I didn't see any of the actual ceremony, as I was on the road.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”