My Favorite Boxing Movie

TruthBringer

My Favorite Boxing Movie

Post by TruthBringer »

There have been many Boxing movies created over the years. Some better than others, many of my favorites like the first 5 Rocky's, Cinderella Man with Russel Crowe, etc. But one movie in particular impressed me the most. Maybe it's because it takes place in my hometown of Chicago. Maybe it's because it has some symbolism in it where more than one race (particularly whites, blacks, and hispanics) are working together towards a common goal. Maybe it's because it deals with both old school bare fist Boxing as well as modern style Boxing. Or maybe it's a combination of all of the above. Perhaps it is the high quality cast of actors (including Cuba Gooding Jr. in his youth), or maybe it's because you feel like you can relate to the hard times that the main character has to go through. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but this movie remains my favorite Boxing movie of all time. It's called Gladiator. Same concept as the other thread I created. For both those who have seen it and those who haven't seen it yet.

Many people get confused by the name. It's not the movie with Russel Crowe (another fantastic movie) with the same title Gladiator. This is the original Gladiator, and there may have even been other movies before this one with that name. But this one came before the one with Russel Crowe.

But anways, all you hard core movie fans will not have a problem sitting through another good movie so without further delay I present to you what is in my opinion the greatest Boxing video ever created (to each their own opinion of course), and so here it is (Right click on your mouse for full screen view):

Watch Movies Online For Free Full Movie Downloads
Link removed by moderator
TruthBringer

My Favorite Boxing Movie

Post by TruthBringer »

Also just like the other thread please don't be shy feel free to share your opinion of this video after watching it right here so we can all discuss it.
Lon

My Favorite Boxing Movie

Post by Lon »

Here's a list of some Boxing Films----------One of my favorites in black and white is "On The Waterfront" with Marlon Brando (not on this list).

Boxing Movies : List of Boxing Movies : Boxing DVDs

On the Waterfront (1954)
TruthBringer

My Favorite Boxing Movie

Post by TruthBringer »

Thanks for the list Lon.
Nomad

My Favorite Boxing Movie

Post by Nomad »

Raging Bull
I AM AWESOME MAN
Lon

My Favorite Boxing Movie

Post by Lon »

Nomad;1313199 wrote: Raging Bull

I liked "Raging Bull" almost as much as "Tormented Tom Cat"
mitchellpk123

My Favorite Boxing Movie

Post by mitchellpk123 »

The Rocky and Cinderella Man is my favourite movie.Both movies are good.I love their films, but as a fighter myself,which is a bit too realistic for the time we get to the third.
4gb compact flash

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”