What's Your Favorite Sleeper Movie?

Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

You know, that movie that you absolutely love that everyone else seems not to know about or have forgotten?

My favs are:

"Miracle Mile" - A very cool story about a guy who answers a payphone (Don't ever do that!) only to hear a frightened man with a wrong number on the other end tell him that WWIII has started! Is it for real? Or just a prank? That becomes pretty important as the word spreads and the the entire city begins to panic!

"Captain Blood" - It's not "Robin Hood" but I still think it's Errol Flynn's finest hour with awesome sword fighting ala Basil Rathbone (probably the finest swordsman in old Hollywood.) A great pirate epic.

"Near Dark" - Is this the best vampire movie ever made? Even when they never say the word "vampire" once? Yup. Bloodthirsty, hilarious, and flat-out frightening all at once! A great line from the movie, "How old am I? Well, let's put it this way, I fought for the South. We lost."

"The Stuntman" - The only better Peter O'Toole movie than this one is "My Favorite Year." (An no, I didn't forget the ridiculously long "Lawrence of Arabia.") He plays an unstable, but gifted movie director who loses one stunt man to an accident at the same time a fugitive from the law stumbles through his set. The kicker? The fugitive is a Vietnam War veteran and he is shooting a war movie. You gotta see it to believe the head trips.:D

So, how about your sleeper?

Attached files
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

A simple plan, with Billy Bod Thorton, Bill Paxton and Bridgette Fonda.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Sleeper :D

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”