Have you seen SAW?

David813

Have you seen SAW?

Post by David813 »

TW2005 wrote: Has anyone seen the movie SAW lately? Great movie.I've seen Saw and loved every scene in it! Great film!!:yh_ghost
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
Peg

Have you seen SAW?

Post by Peg »

I seldom watch movies, but it was one I really liked.
David813

Have you seen SAW?

Post by David813 »

Saw 2 is in theaters soon. This film feels like Seven, with Brad Pitt, because of the psychos' determination to punish those that don't live their lives to the fullest in personally sculpted ways. Much better than Seven I thought, and I was fooled all the way to the last scene!
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

devist8me

Have you seen SAW?

Post by devist8me »

I loved Saw. I saw it with my sis and I spent 1/4 of the movie with my face in my coat. Thats when you know its a good horror flick.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
hotsauce

Have you seen SAW?

Post by hotsauce »

I thought the acting left a bit to be desired. The doctor in the bathroom...ughh..painful to watch. Overall, however, a good horror flick. I was freaked!
David813

Have you seen SAW?

Post by David813 »

hotsauce wrote: I thought the acting left a bit to be desired. The doctor in the bathroom...ughh..painful to watch. Overall, however, a good horror flick. I was freaked!I disagree about the doctor. The characters weren't meant to overwhelm the film. The focus was on the crazy guy. I can't think of a single criticism. I felt like I could almost SMELL that bathroom the atmosphere was done so well. If a great male actor played either of the men in there it would have detracted from the film.

hotsauce

Have you seen SAW?

Post by hotsauce »

My problem with the doctor was zero affect...when he was screaming! OMG...it made me laugh. The guy was about to kill his family...and the doctor was screaming something to the effect of..."you dirty rat!!!"...with no expression. That was odd to me!
next12win

Have you seen SAW?

Post by next12win »

I loved this movie. A very interesting and original screenplay.

***********SPOILER BELOW***********SPOILER BELOW*******

One problem I have with a few movies lately is the "trendy sad ending". I talked to hotsauce about this a while back. I don't go to movies to leave feeling sad. I get enough of that in real life! I go to movies to escape almost. It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you all know what I mean. Endings like the one in this movie really kill a story for me. Mystic River is along the same lines. Ladder 49, million dollar baby. It's become very trendy.
I'm against picketing. But, I don't know how to show it. - Mitch Hedberg

Winners forget they're in a race. They just love to run. -Simon Wilder
devist8me

Have you seen SAW?

Post by devist8me »

What does "spoiler below" mean in the above thread? Anyone know?
next12win

Have you seen SAW?

Post by next12win »

devist8me wrote: What does "spoiler below" mean in the above thread? Anyone know?

It just means if you want to see the movie don't read what's coming up because it might "spoil" the ending.
I'm against picketing. But, I don't know how to show it. - Mitch Hedberg

Winners forget they're in a race. They just love to run. -Simon Wilder
devist8me

Have you seen SAW?

Post by devist8me »

ahhhhh, cool. thx
Tan

Have you seen SAW?

Post by Tan »

I enjoyed the movie. It was impressive knowing that it was created by 2 younger men on a small budget! I think it was similar to Seven as well.
Tan
anastrophe

Have you seen SAW?

Post by anastrophe »

forgive me, the title of this thread tickles me.

did she see saw? she's seen saw! she saw saw, she saw it and it's seen!
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”