CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I plan on seeing soon. ..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thanks for posting that video Scrat...movie sounds wonderful.....thought it was a kid's movie. Now, I will see it:-6
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I want to see it, which of the kids will kindly take me to the movies over vacation....................:D
Odie

Post by Odie »

a little far fetched, but a must see!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
mcnulty07

Post by mcnulty07 »

Thanks for the link. I plan on seeing this over the holidays. Can't wait!
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I went last week. It's on here at many cinemas in 3D but I settled for 2D on a big screen. Fantastic movie.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Hugh Janus

Post by Hugh Janus »

Scrat;1275319 wrote: You've seen the plot before,

I saw the film (movie) and got the feeling that I had seen the story before. Then it came to me, the plot was loosely based on the film "A man called horse, starring Richard Harris" but made as a sci fi version.

Well that was my impression anyway.

Still, all in all, a good "watch" nevertheless. Also some outstanding CGI effects. Well worth seeing. :)
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Maybe on DVD.
I AM AWESOME MAN
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

I also posted in the Movie thread that I saw this last night.

I agree, the story line is not really new, I compared it to kind of a Star Wards meets Pocahontas, but it is well worth seeing on the big screen.

Enjoyable movie, kids loved it which is the main thing.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Scrat;1275319 wrote: You've seen the plot before, you've seen the characters before and you've seen the toys. But you've never seen art like this before. I'm still trying to digest all of the eye candy in this. The best I've seen in a long time and it kind of boggles the mind.

This trailer is but a small fraction if what there is.

YouTube - Avatar: The Movie (New Extended HD Trailer)

Agreed!

O M G Scrat, never have I ever seen anything like it!

-saw it today in an IMAX theater, for those who have never been to an IMAX, the size of these screens covers a complete wall, from top to bottom!:guitarist

Plus it was in 3D!:guitarist

These things and the movie added up to plus plus and more plus.

I could not get over the creature animals, they were dinosaur looking, but of course looked real, on this magnificent screen and in 3D, they came as close to as your face.

I jumped up on my seat through many dramatic, action scenes and seeing the aliens and creatures jump off cliffs was unimaginable as you felt like you were there, feeling yourself fall down from mountains that were sky high.

The story was like non-other, from the start to the end, and it was a 3 hour movie, no one left their seats at all, everyone was glued.

In the very beginning you are rooting for the humans..just a little ways in, you was rooting for the aliens...

The colours, distinction, details are above and beyond.

I still remember seeing the huge red creature bird flying.....last one of its kind.

When the human turned/alien man jumped on him and made him his, from touching his hair to the creature with a magical plant.

The plants, flowers and forests were like non-other.

The enormous size of the tanks that would smash the highest sacred tree to the ground for the precious rock.

The helicopters and robots with humans inside were humongous.

The way the alien taught the human the ways of being a warrior were extremely touching and their belief of touching a jelly-fish like creature in hopes of bringing luck, and it did bring him luck.

It has its sad parts and happy ones that left me tearful with some, and tearful for joy when the movie ended, as it was so real and emotional to see the aliens happy for once in their lives.

The theory behind this story goes to show us, humans are extremely destructible when they have to get what they want with no consideration for others......the same as it is in real life.

humans lost, and it served them right.

If I had of made this movie, I would have added fish like creatures to the waters.

don't miss this one.

It is ranked number 2 in the top 2 movies ever made......Titanic being number 1.

The IMAX® Technology uses the largest commercial film format in motion picture history - 15 perforations, 70mm film to create images of incredible sharpness. This film format is 10 times the size of a conventional 35mm film. The sheer size of a 15/70 film frame, combined with the unique IMAX® projection technology, is the key to the extraordinary sharpness and clarity that IMAX® films are known for. Did you know that IMAX large format film is so strong it could be used to tow your car?

Projector

IMAX® Projectors are the most advanced, highest-precision and most powerful projectors ever built. The key to their superior performance and reliability is the unique "Rolling Loop" film movement. The Rolling Loop advances the film horizontally in a smooth, wave-like motion. During projection, each frame is positioned on fixed registration pins, and the film is held firmly against the rear element of the lens by a vacuum. As a result, the picture and focus steadiness are far above normal projection standards and provide outstanding image clarity.

Screens

Forty-five hundred times larger than an average TV screen, IMAX and IMAX 3D giant flat screens can soar up to eight stories high. IMAX screens have a slight curvature that extend beyond the field of geometric recognition. Because these screens fill your peripheral vision, you feel like you’re right in the action. IMAX 3D screens are painted silver to maximize the amount of light reflected back to the audience and these screens have millions of tiny holes which allows sound to travel through. Imagine a whale can appear life-size on these screens!

Sound

IMAX® theatres feature a patented digital audio technology with advanced circuits designed specifically to enhance sound clarity and depth of sound reproduction. IMAX® sound also uses proprietary signal processing, amplification and loudspeaker design. The IMAX® sound system is comprised of 44 custom designed speakers that extract 12,000 watts of pure digital surround sound. The IMAX® Proportional Point Source™ loudspeaker system, designed specifically for IMAX® theatres, allows every one in the audience to experience superb sound quality, regardless of where they may be seated

IMAX® 2D/3D>

All Cineplex Entertainment IMAX® theatres are both 2D and 3D capable

IMAX® 3D with Polarized Glasses

To enable the 3D effect, polarized glasses worn by the audience are precisely matched with the polarizing filters of the projector's twin lenses. While the lenses superimpose separate left and right eye views onto the screen, the glasses make sure that each eye sees the appropriate image, allowing your brain to create a single 3D image
Odie

Post by Odie »

Scrat;1279214 wrote: I saw it on the regular screen, they tried to sell me a IMAX ticket for more but I know what IMAX is and they don't have a screen there.

The animals were amazing but I think they could have done the lion thing a lot better. The birds/dragons were something else.

I guess this movie has went over a billion worldwide and is still going strong.

its been the top movie for 3 weeks in a row now.

so you mean the saber-tooth or cougar like creature?
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

David Brooks has done an interesting write up on this movie.

Still, would it be totally annoying to point out that the whole White Messiah fable, especially as Cameron applies it, is kind of offensive?Full write up

Op-Ed Columnist - The Messiah Complex - NYTimes.com
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”