DVD's this week

devist8me

DVD's this week

Post by devist8me »

I've rented 5 movies today. I was wondering if anyone has seen these and which ones I should watch first?

Meet the Fockers

Spanglish

Closer

The Woodsman

Sideways
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
hotsauce

DVD's this week

Post by hotsauce »

wow

you have quite a collection there

i have seen them all...and would have to say meet the fockers was my favorite...i laughed so hard!

closer will make you feel dirty...and like things aren't right in the world

just watched the woodsman last night! it will CERTAINLY make you feel dirty and like things aren't right in the world! but it is a MUST SEE!!! especially for you...it will really freak you out!

sideways...slow to start...was up for best picture...thought that was a bit of an odd nomination. there are a couple of parts in there that made me laugh SO HARD. i like the tall guy too...great character

spanglish...waaaaaaaaaaaay overrated...two thumbs down. i would leave it in the box and just return it.
spot

DVD's this week

Post by spot »

I've seen... exactly... none of them. But I have heard of one - the Robert De Niro / Dustin Hoffman / Barbra Streisand knockabout. I've admired their work, all three of them - the first in Brazil, which is only a small role but it shows he has a sense of humor! or in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein; the second ever since he played Ratso Rizzo, and Ms Streisand probably when I saw her in A Star Is Born. Anyway, it's a great cast list, I have few hopes for the movie itself.

The Natalie Portman / Jude Law / Clive Owen one sounds intriguing. Of the five, that's the one I'd sit in on.

I know none of the actors in Spanglish, Sideways or The Woodsman. I'm sure that says more about me than about them.

What sort of place do you rent from? If I were in a video rental shop, I'd expect my five films to be dated maybe 1926, 1932, 1940, 1944 and 1970. Yours are all dated 2004!
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
devist8me

DVD's this week

Post by devist8me »

spot wrote: What sort of place do you rent from? If I were in a video rental shop, I'd expect my five films to be dated maybe 1926, 1932, 1940, 1944 and 1970. Yours are all dated 2004!
I'm not sure my little towns video store would carry those early ones, possibly some 70's titles. I would have to go into Springfield and probably have them special order some of those. Possibly, some of the classics from those years they may have but I'd have to search for them.

Welcome to the Forum by the way too ;)
David813

DVD's this week

Post by David813 »

Closer & Sideways would be good but Hotel Rwanda comes out this week as well. That is a must see for all.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
devist8me

DVD's this week

Post by devist8me »

David813 wrote: Closer & Sideways would be good but Hotel Rwanda comes out this week as well. That is a must see for all.
Yea, I thought about that one too, but already had 5 picked out. I'll get it next week.
devist8me

DVD's this week

Post by devist8me »

I watched The Woodsman and Spanglish today. The Woodsman was a little slow but interesting enough for me not to shut it off. Its about a registered sex offender who is released from prison after 12 years and trying to fit back into society, finding it more difficult after people around him start finding out about him.

Spanglish was better than I though...probably because othe peoples ideas of a crappy movie are different from mine so I expected worse. It too, was slow, but remained interesting enough for me to wonder what was going to happen next. Plus, I like Tea Leony (sp?) and the little mexican girl in the movie.

Tomorrow night is Meet the Fockers and thats one I really want to see.
ilona17

DVD's this week

Post by ilona17 »

Meet the fockers is great if ya wanna laugh i loved it! lol
[QUOTE]:DLive Everyday Like It's Your Last :-6[/QUOTE]
spot

DVD's this week

Post by spot »

devist8me wrote: I'm not sure my little towns video store would carry those early ones, possibly some 70's titles. I would have to go into Springfield and probably have them special order some of those. Possibly, some of the classics from those years they may have but I'd have to search for them.

You'd like my local video shop, it's one of the joys of living near the University. Their online catalog lets me book films I want to collect. The URL, if you'd like a quick look, is http://www.20thcenturyflicks.co.uk/langs.asp

devist8me wrote: Welcome to the Forum by the way too ;)

That's very civil of you! I've not been on a site like this before, it's all quite new to me.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”