Favorite movie quotes!...

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I know there's a Movie quote trivia game but if too many people get stumped then the game comes to a screeching hault and then the thread gets thrown in a corner somewhere!

I thought it would be fun/ny for everyone to post their favorite movie quotes!...

I'll begin!...

"You went to college, right?...I mean,..It wasn't veterinary psychology, was it?" :yh_rotfl

"Phil: What would you do if you were stuck in one place...and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?

Ralph: That about sums it up for me" :yh_rotfl
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Sarah: Give me the child. Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child that you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great...

Sarah: For my will is as strong as yours, my kingdom as great... Damn. I can never remember that line.

[Sarah looks up the line from the Labyrinth book]

Sarah: You have no power over me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah: Once upon a time, there was a beautiful young girl whose stepmother always made her stay home with the baby. And the baby was a spoiled child, and wanted everything to himself, and the young girl was practically a slave. But what no one knew is that the king of the goblins had fallen in love with the the girl, and he had given her certain powers. So one night, when the baby had be particularly cruel to her, she called on the goblins for help!

Goblin: [inside the closet] Listen!

Sarah: "Say the right words," the goblins said, "and we'll take the baby to the castle, and you will be free!" But the girl knew, that the Goblin King would keep the baby in his castle for ever and ever and ever, and turn it into a goblin! And so the girl suffered in silence. Until one day, when she was tired from a day of housework, and she was hurt by the harsh words of her stepmother, and she could no longer stand it...

Sarah: I can bear it no longer! Goblin King! Goblin King! Wherever you may be take this child of mine far away from me!

Goblin: That's not it! Where did she get that rubbish? It doesn't even start with "I wish!"

Jareth: Well, what have we here?

Hoggle: Oh, uh, nothin'.

Jareth: [removing his disguise at the last second] Nothing? Nothing? NOTHING? Nothing, tra la la?

The Worm: 'Allo.

Sarah: Did you say... hello?

The Worm: No, I said "'allo," but that's close enough.

Sarah: Oh... you're a worm, aren't you?

The Worm: Yeah, that's right.

Sarah: You don't by any chance know the way through this labyrinth, do you?

The Worm: Who, me? No, I'm just a worm. Say, come inside, and meet the missus.

The Worm: If she'd 'ave kept on goin' down that way she'd 'ave gone straight to that castle.

Sarah: Help! Stop it! Help!

Helping Hand: What do you mean "help"? We *are* helping.

Different Helping Hand: We're Helping Hands.

Sarah: You're hurting!

Helping Hand: Would you like us to let go? Heh-heh...

Sarah: No!

Helping Hand: Well then, come on, which way?

Sarah: Which way?

Helping Hand: Up, or down?

Sarah: Oh...

Helping Hand: Come on, come on.

Different Helping Hand: We haven't got all day.

Different Helping Hand: Well, it's a big decision for her.

Different Helping Hand: Which way do you want to go, hm?

Sarah: Oh.

Helping Hand: Yes, which way?

Sarah: Well... since I'm pointed that way, I guess I'll go down.

Helping Hand: She chose DOOOOOWN!

Different Helping Hand: She chose *down*? Heh!

Sarah: Was that wrong?

Helping Hand: Too late now!

I need you. I don't know why, but every now and then in my life, for no reason at all, I need you.”

In 9 hours and 23 minutes, you'll be mine!

Hey, her head don't come off. :sneaky: :D
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I saw this movie, "Into the Wild" several weeks ago. This is the short quote from that movie that stayed with me considering the circumstance of the main character. It was stated toward the end of the movie.

"Happiness only real when shared."
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

From the movie Miricle on 34th Street

Doris: Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to. Don't you see? It's not just Kris that's on trial, it's everything he stands for. It's kindness and joy and love and all the other intangibles.
The Rob

Post by The Rob »

From John Carpenter's The Thing:

"I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is."
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

From "Home Alone"

Gangster 'Johnny': Hey! I tell you what I'm gonna give you, Snakes. I'm gonna give you to the count of 10 to get your ugly, yellow, no-good keister off my property before I pump your guts full of lead! One, two, ten!

[machine gun fire]

Gangster 'Johnny': Keep the change, you filthy animal!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

The Rob;1272413 wrote: From John Carpenter's The Thing:

"I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is."

Loved that one Rob....great movie:-6
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Great Movie..

[QUOTE]"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine." - Casablanca 1942

[QUOTE]Lois Einhorn: "I can make your life a living hell." Ace Ventura: "I'm not ready for a relationship right now Lois." -- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

[QUOTE]"I know what you're thinking, "Did he fire six shots, or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But, being that this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?" -- Dirty Harry [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

James Bond: Do you expect me to talk?

Auric Goldfinger: No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”