New Film Review

Lon

New Film Review

Post by Lon »

I love war films and went on Sunday AM to see the new film "The Inglorious Bastards" with Brad Pitt. Let me say first that Brad Pitt was recently quoted as criticizing the film "Valkyrie" and the part that Tom Cruise played. Wow--a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Both were rotten films in my opinion.

"Bastards" was absolutely nonsensical. Pitt was a American Lieutenant dropped into German occupied France along with a squad of Jewish soldiers whose mission was to capture, maim and kill Nazi's and bring terror to the Reich. Now, while the idea of Jewish soldiers killing Nazi's has merit and can be justified, the films depiction of these events is ludicrous. Some theater attendees cheered and clapped (mostly 20's & 30's) as one of the American Jewish soldiers scalped a Nazi. The final scene of a movie theater in France being burned down with Hitler, Goering and Goebbels inside was the last straw. I realize that this film was meant to be fictional, but give me a break, even as fiction it sucks bigtime.

Oddly------the professional reviewers give this film pretty good marks.

It must be a generational thing.
Odie

New Film Review

Post by Odie »

Quentin Tarantino is the best.:guitarist:guitarist

my son saw it and raved about it..............

YouTube - Inglourious Basterds - Official Trailer [HD]
Life is just to short for drama.
petervinsly

New Film Review

Post by petervinsly »

I just saw prince of Persia movie last Sunday in my home town theater, It was wonderful movie, I really like to watch it. I like most story of this movie.Its was totally action movie. If any buddy want to like to watch some action movie so this is a perfect movie for you.
m3i zero

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”