Pans Labyrinth

Snowfire

Pans Labyrinth

Post by Snowfire »

I watched Pans Labyrinth last night.

What a fabulous film. 10/10

Its a Spanish language film so you have to follow subtitles, which doesnt really bother me. A film about a young girl who deals with the horrors of the Spanish civil war through her fantasies

If it had been a Hollywood film it would have most definitely had a different ending.

Highly recommended
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
minks

Pans Labyrinth

Post by minks »

Snowfire;1204481 wrote: I watched Pans Labyrinth last night.

What a fabulous film. 10/10

Its a Spanish language film so you have to follow subtitles, which doesnt really bother me. A film about a young girl who deals with the horrors of the Spanish civil war through her fantasies

If it had been a Hollywood film it would have most definitely had a different ending.

Highly recommended

I have mixed feelings about it. Here when it was fresh out, they made it appear as a childs movie, so I went to see it with a friend with that in mind.... oiy the violence was shocking to me.

But then when I thought about it from an adults perspective I found it quite good.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Nomad

Pans Labyrinth

Post by Nomad »

10 out of 10 what snowflake ?

And could you provide a trailer so I can decide if this would captivate my imagination ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
fuzzywuzzy

Pans Labyrinth

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I loved the film snowfire it's one of my favourites

Nomad I put one up about a year ago

Pan's Labyrinth | Official Movie Site | Picturehouse

Minks I think it's supposed to be a young girls imagination to replace the bitterness and insanity around her, all children have a dark side to them.
minks

Pans Labyrinth

Post by minks »

fuzzywuzzy;1204638 wrote: I loved the film snowfire it's one of my favourites

Nomad I put one up about a year ago

Pan's Labyrinth | Official Movie Site | Picturehouse

Minks I think it's supposed to be a young girls imagination to replace the bitterness and insanity around her, all children have a dark side to them.

Thanks Fuzz, that makes sense. It really had me stumped because the adverts for it were all the fantacy stuff from the little girls head... oiy I tell ya the violence in it was over the top for me.

I know I am a wimp.

― Mae West
fuzzywuzzy

Pans Labyrinth

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

The violence was disturbing. both in the imagination of the girl and in the "real life" experience of the girl.

Actually may I pose the question...............which was more disturbing the violence in the girls real life or her imagination? hmmmm good psychology question.;)
minks

Pans Labyrinth

Post by minks »

fuzzywuzzy;1204653 wrote: The violence was disturbing. both in the imagination of the girl and in the "real life" experience of the girl.

Actually may I pose the question...............which was more disturbing the violence in the girls real life or her imagination? hmmmm good psychology question.;)

no kidding, and sad to think a childs imagination could harbor violence, good lord where does that come from.... pity really that she had to endure what she had to and I see she may have been a representative of many other children from other worn torn times and nations.

― Mae West
fuzzywuzzy

Pans Labyrinth

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I don't know, Kids can have some kickarse nightmares. You should hear some of my youngest nightmares .......leaves chainsaw massacre for dead.
along-for-the-ride

Pans Labyrinth

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I just finished watching this film. I enjoyed the story, although it is quite violent at times. I would recommend it. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”