Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith!

Jives

Post by Jives »

Let the hype begin!! I've been to every Star Wars on it's opening day. the very first one was so special to me....I had three of my closest friends in the car, we were totally drunk, and speeding through a residential neighborhood to get to the opening. (Yes, I know how irresponsible that is, but it was a quarter of a century ago, and drunk driving wasn't a crime then.)

We got pulled over. I tried hard to keep my eyes focused and when the officer asked where I was going in such a hurry, I just gushed "To STAR WARS!!! I can't wait!" he just laughed and although I suspected he knew we were drunk, he went ahead and let us go.

We got our popcorn and sat in the balcony of the old "Allen" theater, a real gem from the heyday of the movies in the 40's. The show came on (We were watching it in HUGE 70MM!)

The star destroyer came onscreen...and just... kept...on...coming!!!! OH MY GOD!! IT"S FREAKIN" HUGE!!

:wah: I've been hooked ever since.

Let's talk about what we think will happen, but if you know for sure POST NO SPOILERS here please! I'm savoring thos last one!

Things I think will happen:

1. Princess Amadala will get pregnant and have twins.

2. Then she'll get killed. (Somehow)

3. Anakin will go whacko and kill a bunch of people, but get horribly wounded, thus turning to the dark side.

4. Obi Wan will save the kids and hide them.

those insights are obvious in order to "jive" with the Episode 4 movie (The original.)

Anybody else out there as excited as me?

:D
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
David813

Post by David813 »

I LOVED the Original Star Wars films. All three. Neither of the two most recent movies have been even remotely as good as the old ones. I don't hold much hope this newest release will be any different. A real shame Lucas caved into poor writing, one dimensional characters and not much else. I'll wait for the DVD release to rent.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”